40th Anniversary Expansion Pack: Got Friends

If I sold the Wilga to Microsoft to use in a massive update to the community free-of-charge and relinquished all rights to Microsoft and future updates and modifications to Asobo/Microsoft, then I would be extremely happy a community member improved it. Especially since I wouldn’t be easily able to touch it again due to contract details.

21 Likes

edited to ‘OK’ :wink:

That’s fine. You’ve been a vocal critic of my work in the past. Your opinion never changes although my work improves. I’m just happy to give the community much requested fixes, improvements and additions.

26 Likes

I have and love several of your products. I’d like it if the Optica was finished one day. I will buy the Wilga when it is released outside of the Marketplace which is my only gripe with it. But if someone was to fiddle with your work and then proclaim it ‘improved’ I do think your ego would not let you be so modest.

Small World, Big Tires. Keep dropping that straight fire y’all! The improvements coming from this community are a big part of the reason I still use MSFS.

1 Like

It’s more than a little inappropriate to needlessly and completely pointlessly suggest that someone who has given so much to the simming community is lying. I don’t get it.

@DigitalJonx, thanks so much for this! It takes a stellar product and removes all the little niggles that bother me. If it were a substandard product I wouldn’t care, but this one deserves the extra care you’ve given it.

I’m spamming F5 over at fs.to.

9 Likes

You and me both, Friend! I got that auto-refresher doin’ it’s thing :slight_smile:

I used the term “Improvement Mod” because it’s just the normal term used for these additional features on top of base game aircraft.

Do I think it’s an “Improvement”? Mmm, not really? I just added a few things that may be fun. It’s more like an Action Pack Mod.

On the topic of the Edgley Optica, I turned it over to Got Friends last year and our entire team tackled it and Remastered it. It’s available on the Marketplace or Flightsim.to. One of my favorite Got Friend’s Projects and I’m happy I transitioned it to the whole team.

At the end of the day, I respect you’re opinion. However, until Asobo/Microsoft adds these features to the Beaver, at least people can experience those fun details now. As always, if an update supersedes this mod, then I will take it down or add more fixes.

Nothing wrong with editing a base game aircraft, adding new fun features, and giving it back to the community.

Not everyone knows how to modify aircraft and a very very small percentage has the experience to merge 3D Models together and bring a fresh breath to them. I’m glad I know how to, if anything, for the community.

23 Likes

I agree, nothing wrong at all and I do it all the time. I made changes to the Beaver as soon as I realised I had access to the cfg files.

If this does get uploaded, is there a way to keep the option to remove the tablet but not the other mods?

Yes, just keep ONLY the Interior.xml in the Wheel Based Folder. Delete the Float Folder, Bush Folder, Exterior.xml, all cfgs and rebuild your layout.json.

Or copy my code in the interior.xml to the base aircraft’s interior.xml. I made sure to make it easily identifiable in the beginning of each XML.

2 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated.

1 Like

By the way if it helps things, Jim from Milviz/BB said,

“…As much as we enjoy hearing suggestions and ideas (we have future products in the works, after all!), as far as the Beaver goes, they (Microsoft) now own it and would be the ones to make decisions on all additions or improvements.”

6 Likes

Very much the Sole reason I decided to share my work. After all, I started doing this for my own sake and then had a few people show interest.

Decided, why not, not everyone can modify aircraft, let me help them out or give them something new.

15 Likes

Final question while you are here, as far as the Optica goes - this was posted 8 months ago -

Spud59

8 month(s) ago / Thanked by Got Friends

Will there be further updates? What about the sound?

Got Friends 8 month(s) ago

There will be indeed! A custom sound pack is in the works for the next major update!

Is this still on course?

Yes, the Wilga is our first attempt at an In-House Sound Pack. The Optica will receive the same treatment depending on Wilga’s Sound reception. We have been working on it in unison with our other projects. If reception is low, we will out-hire to a sound company. We are very confident everyone will love the Wilga soundpack. That reception is a major drive to continue our work on the Optica’s soundpack.

4 Likes

Good news thank you.

1 Like

You keep doing what you’re doing. What you’ve done so far is a good start, hopefully you and the wider team will continue to improve this plane going forwards. It’s an amazing base but there are a few things that could be improved.

P.s. is there any reason why flightsim.to is holding up approval of the file? I’m itching to try it out.

1 Like

Is anyone noticing that the mixture on the DHC2 doesn’t seem to work well? Tweaking my mixture at cruise isn’t changing the CHT at all, and then suddenly at very lean mix the plane just loses speed (even through prop RPM and manifold pressure don’t change at all).

And much appreciated, as someone who isn’t good at these things you people that make these mods are invaluable.

This all sounds amazing, but what is the Camera Feature bug that was fixed? I just don’t want it to interfere with the camera views I have already set up for the Beaver.