6 Sim Updates and 6 World Updates announced for 2022

Meanwhile it’s impossible to fly with real weather right now. Why they don’t announce they are going to release bug fixes instead and make the sim stable? What good are all this WUs without software that actually works?

If by “reflected” you mean that the weather cannot change at that location until the next METAR comes along, I strongly disagree. The weather should, of course, keep changing, just like the the real weather does, which is why the current sim time at the time of the screenshots must be compared to the METAR timestamp.

“Live Weather” is not VATSIM weather.

2 Likes

I thought the topic was about sim updates and word updates.
But nooo, just like in real life, Everybody is talking about the weather.
Back to the topic. I wonder what will be included in WU 11…

1 Like

By “reflected” I mean that whatever METAR is shown for a station in the sim, that is the METAR data that should be blended with the Meteoblue data to create the weather you’re seeing at that time. Yes, weather changes over time, Meteoblue’s forecast model has “forecast hours” and METARs are updated usually every hour.

But this thread is not the place for this discussion. I hope I explained it better for you though.

Then we agree 100%. Sorry to have misinterpreted you.

You realize that any feedback on when a bug will be fixed (which is what many people ask for, not necessarily you) starts with personalized feedback from a developer, right?

I totally agree, however, the only feedback I’d want would be was my bug rejected. That should be easy for Zendesk to do as the report can be automatically created by the process through which the person weeding through the bug reports creates the report for the bug.

1. Accepted
  2. Rejected - not enough information
  3. Rejected - not reproducible
  4. Rejected - previously reported bug xxxxx

That’s enough information for me.
Once I report the bug, I’m aware enough of the development process that it could take a year or two for any bugs I report to get fixed.

In fact, early on, one of my bug reports was rejected, I got notified, and I said wait a second, you need to take a second look, pointed out information which it seemed like they neglected to pay attention to the first time, and it appeared to get accepted.

I’m confused. SU8, the next update, they announced will be all bug fixes.

How many times do people have to say that World Updates are scenery information only from now on, and most of the work is done by third party teams, so there is comparatively little impact to the sim itself. Basically the same thing as you downloading an airport from flightsim.to and putting it in your Community directory. Granted, they also typically include much more detailed terrain information as well, but, that should not have any effect on sim performance or features, other than more polys in a given area.

Maybe time to try to get that fixed…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.