Salty and Heavy Mod after AAU2

Should we uninstall the Salty mod or keep it? Which one will be more advanced and will there be a conflict?
Will Salty benefit from updated default avionics?
The same query applies for 787 heavy mod as well

Hi guys
After AAU2, should (or can) I still use Salty and Heavy Mod for 747 and 787?
Is there a conflict, are these mods obsolete?

They wont work. Salty has been all but abandoned but might be picked up in the future. Heavy Mod… not sure. But are these mods still needed now AAU2 has adressed so many issues that were there with the default 787 and 747?

Kuro’s 787-800 mod was very good though, but he is too busy these days to work on it and would need Heavy Division to do their upate first, or if they don’t update, re-do the mod to work with the AAU2 default version.

2 Likes

I think salty was doing a tablet for 747

IMO Salty experimental should work

I want to know too

Salty and Heavy Devision won’t benefit out of the box. They have to update to the new avionics as it’s a new virtual package: the default avionics from Asobo are not altered (same story as with the G1000 and G3000/5000) so their aircraft still use the old framework.

Here is Salty’s discord forum, Salty Simulations
Heavy Division is here, Heavy Division

What is better now, the updated Asobo B747 or the Salty mod version?

Follow along on the AAU2 Update thread. I have and others commented on the fixes to the 747. It much better than before, and there is an excellent flight tutorial linked in that thread, that tutorial is one of the two best every read. It took me several flights but now believe I have it down better than at SU-05 which allowed it to actually fly route and land. But knowing exactly how all those interactions work in plane is essential for success. Read tutorial flight, and familiarize with cockpit switches and buttons.

I was wondering the same and did not find much helpful comments. Long story short, hands down AAU2 with MGouge425 Asobo B747-8i Realism Mod for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS. It still has its quirks, sometimes have to force descend with VS then go back into VNAV, tried DES button in FMC and didn’t initiate descend. I failed to find much helpful comments and went into the sim and tried the variations a few times. Tried Salty stable and dev, both have their issues with VNAV and LNAV. Found it you can’t import simbrief plan while IRS is still aligning, the nav display will show route but plane does not follow it. Alternative, once in align, you can force align from FMC and works then. In salty, sometimes the APU would not start, had to exit to home screen and restart flight. RTO would disengage for takeoff.

1 Like