A question for Virtual Fly TQ6 users?

Yes Oz too. There is no VF distributor here so the only option currently is direct shipping and particularly for VF stuff that becomes very expensive. I bought some virpil stuff recently and although not at domestic levels the shipping was quite a bit cheaper than VF want. Last time I checked it was going to cost over $1000 all in.

1 Like

So, I have a home cockpit of sorts, and part of that is a pedestal unit.

The middle panel, which holds the throttle unit (in this case, the VF TQ6+) along with a trim wheel and some switches that I added, is held in with magnets but can be easily removed.

My Throttletek unit is a standalone quadrant rather than a FlightBox, so I built this into an alternative panel along with another trim wheel and switches arrangement.

And when I need to swap, I just pull out the one panel and the two USB cables that connect it to a USB hub inside the pedestal, and then connect and drop in the other one.

The change takes about 3 minutes and can be done with the PC powered up. I just need to restart Spad.neXt to see the change in hardware.

Throttles and other switches are mapped through Spad.neXt rather than through the sim, so I swap whenever I change to an aircraft that I set up to use the jet throttles. I don’t change aircraft very often, though, I tend to stick with one for a while. So maybe once or twice a week if I’m flying a lot (which, currently, I’m not). So for example in my current stable I use the Throttletek panel with the CJ4, Longitude, HJet, Vision Jet, TBM, Phenom 100, and the VirtualFly with everything else.

Similarly, the G1000 units you can see in the photos can come out and be replaced with regular touch-screens. I only use the G1000 hardware when I’m flying G1000-equipped aircraft; anything else, I use 16:9 touch-screens with pop-outs and Air Manager.

I think that’s about as off-topic for the thread as we should go here :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I’m currently using which may be an option for some - Virpil offering 4 axis. Works great for Airliners and GA, the tops can be changed out and it is a rock solid device. Doesn’t have the full throw of a dedicated throttle quadrant but long enough and very accurate.

Many thanks for the comprehensive responses, much food for thought. I’ll stop de-railing the thread now! :smiley: