A Request For Asobo and Nvidia

It’s more complex than that.
I do have some experience working with the MSFS UI, including the World Map, and tend to notice things that affect it.

I don’t want to argue about it either way, I’m just reporting my experiences in testing while resolving my own sudden world map zooming CTD’s with different solutions, which also seem to be validated by a couple of other users too.

FWIW, the MSFS UI system is a complex multilayered framework with the bottom layer being the Coherent GT UI platform, which is GPU accelerated afaik. The map is rendered at a lower level than the other UI elements, from what I recall poking around in the guts of it.

My point being while the network issues may well be the main cause of the map zoom CTD (as discussed on the main thread about the issue), it’s also possible there are some other trigger conditions related to GPU drivers under certain conditions. This can make it a little tricky to resolve if you have issues, so it’s just another possible solution to try if the other ones don’t work to resolve your issues.