A320 Neo Post Update

ASOBO was to hire Flybywire programmers. It would be much better.The guys at Flybywire know what they’re doing.

1 Like

After trying several things I just gave up - reinstalling the vanilla A320 improved it, but it is still several degrees off, turning at waypoints takes ages missing the path, approaches are also off by a lot.

I have the same problem with and without the mod so I’m pretty certain it’s the vanilla aircraft that is the cause.

As all of you I’m also having trouble with the A320 and the AP. Trying to get around it by using the latest devmode from FBW, but every time I ends up with an AP that is not usable.

All this have made me frustrated, but at the same time it opened my eyes to do something I haven’t done yet in MSFS. Fly the A320neo manually. Not only at take off and 3 seconds before touch down, but all the way from point A to point B. Use my stick to follow the path, to get my plane to the assigned flight level, to get aligned to the localizer and glideslope. Adjust my quadrant to make sure I don’t overspeed or stall. I have to admit… It was really fun!

I’m not trying to undermine anything or anyone, just focus on the half-full glass. Happy flying!

The AP issue has now been resolved by the FBW team. The latest dev version includes a fix for the autopilot lateral guidance issue.

So… I just downloaded the latest Dev version of the 320NX using their installer and I performed two test flights with it. My findings are as follows:

1. Created the flight plan in MSFS, started at gate, cold and dark. Got everything turned on, went through the normal start up procedures INI/Perf etc.
  • Once on the performance page on the FMC V1 showed -4 / VR showed -5 / V2 was empty. I calculated my own speeds (122/127/132) and the FMC took the numbers. However there was a warning in both the FMC and the Annunciator panel saying the V speeds were disagreeable (never seen that before). I continued my taxi & take-off as planned.
  • The FMC flew the SID route and STAR without any problems. I manually controlled the Altitude and also the speed during approach. Absolutely flyable…
  1. Second test flight I started at the gate, went through the normal start-up procedures, entered the route manually in the FMC.
  • Got the same V speed issues in the Performance page
  • When arming speed brakes, it deployed them to 100%. Took off without them armed
  • FMC flew SID and enroute plan perfectly, however, the speed bug would switch between 220 kts & 290 kts randomly. Switched to manual speed setting for the remainder of the flight.
  • Whilst starting my descend, I could not change my Alt setting… Would not move. I slight panic started in the cockpit, pushing all the buttons I could find… Flt Lvl 250 @ 25 DME. Disconnected the AP, throttled down manually and started a 5000 ft/m manual descend… Now I managed to change my Alt setting, activated the AP and the aircraft performed perfect the rest of the flight. I intercepted the ILS prior to what was programmed in the FMC and that worked perfect as well.
  1. Conclusion: It is absolutely flyable. I recommend that you try with making a plan in MSFS first and then see how it goes. Hope you find this helpful and happy landings to you all.

And you should always try to download the FBW dev every few days as they are constantly making some sort of improvement that isnt mentioned on their webpage in the changelog. One thing I have noticed as of now, I cant switch the engines off so I think my flight doesnt get recorded ino flightlog…which is slighlty annoying…but I can live with that for now.

Why o why don’t Asobo do better testing before they release updates to the public.
I am tired of waiting weeks and weeks before there is a fix of the new bugs they have created.
I hope that this will not be the future of the development path of MSFS2020.
Repair one bug and create a few more. :cry:

2 Likes

You do have the FBW dev mod…yes?

It did that to me too and now I totally go by stick unless it more than like an hour but even then I’ll do the climb out and all turns to main leg…thank goodness for FBW though.

1 Like

I have done some analysis of this and like many others, find the A32NX is NOT the cause of the problem, but rather the sim itself. As someone who has been involved with FS for 20+ years, I have come to understand that nothing is perfect out of the box. However, after spending a number of hours in different aircraft, the sim simply doesn’t fly on AP…and while you can fly the 320 without the AP (I’ve done it in an airline simulator), the workload is too much to fly single pilot.

MS needs to fix this quickly.

1 Like

Speaking of single pilot…howcome you arent able to see your co-pilot/ first officer when in cockpit…just an empty seat (I feel so alone…lol)…but then you look in from outside…and there they are…lol

1 Like

Retired commercial pilot i decided to treat myself for Christmas and I bought the deluxe package. I have real flying experience and over 1,000 flights with the X-Plane 11/Zibo 737. If you are looking for a simple sim to fly a Cessna around town and look at the pretty scenery, MFS 2020 is for you. BUT if you like to fly airliners like me, the A320 is very disappointing. Sure the graphics are great but the Autopilot and MCP hardly work. After countless hours trying just about everything under the sun (import flight plan, input directly in FMS, use heading bug and MCP only. Totally unpredictable. All I read is “it should be fixed in new patch”. Any suggestionbs before i request a refund and return to XP? Thank you.

2 Likes

Honestly, if you need a “study level” airliner to do IFR… get that refund and return to X-Plane until FS2020 matures for a year or two.

It will get there eventually, and I´m sure it will be awesome (i´m enjoying it right now), but it will take time.

Right now, Asobo´s priority is releasing the X-Box version, so they are esentially only focusing on eye-candy for game oriented users (nothing wrong with it).

Autopilots, IFR, ATC… will take a long time, and study level aircraft will rely (as always) on external developers, now too limited by the sim´s SDK.

Still a work in progress, so, if you need it now… look somewhere else. Come back in a year or two, and sure you won´t be dissapointed.

EDIT: I assume you know about the A32NX project, right? My post assumes even that isn´t enough for you…

1 Like

Maybe this helps in making the right decision:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. It’s too bad. I run this with a Titan V beefed up computer and the graphics are amazing! But it’s nice to fly a jet and when you push a button it does what it is intended too. I got use to very real sim with the $60 XP software and a FREE Zibo mod. The level of reality is incredible. Thank you again. MFS See you in few years. Roger and out.

1 Like

Ah, there’s the rub. You are right. In a year or two, MSFS will be a MUCH better sim. This is critically important to remember, because dev like PMDG (and let’s be clear, on the Boeing side, they ARE the best) are studying the sim as they are building and even when they release, it will be a bit buggy. The good news is that I can run this sim on my i7-3770k on a Z77 board and a GTX1060 GPU, get medium quality and have the sim run smooth. I tried to get P3D to run on it and it was an epic fail. For me, I am learning, just like the rest of us, and will try to make an educated guess on HW about the time PMDG will release its 737…because that will be a bird that will eat HW for breakfast. For now, we continue to see what this new tech has to offer…and while it sucks seriously in some ways, these open source guys (think A32NX) really have their arms around it. It’s actually exciting to see.

1 Like

IDK. Frankly, I prefer it, since having a virtual PM takes up pixels and has an impact on frame rates. When I fly the real thing, there’s a body in the right seat (thank GOD!). When I’m on my computer at home, I don’t need the extra chatter.

Yea I gueas that’s the flip side of it if you’re a pilot looking for solitude from the cockpit…lol…but alas I’m just a simmer looking for the full on immersion

where’s the patch ?
What’s with the A320Neo…engage A/T it disengages, disengage and it engages…everything is opposite. Engage A/P, try to increase/decrease altitude…nothing, it just flies S&L on either 1 and 2. Son of a gun, how is this happening> is there a patch for this ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.