A320 (V2) fuel consumption inaccurate at Simrate > 1X

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

XBOX

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

A320 (V2)

Brief description of the issue:

The fuel consumption when the sim rate is increased it is much less to what it should be (it stills gets consumed at a 1X rate).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

NA

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Monitor the fuel used on long flights at simrate above 1X.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

NA

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

NA

Are you using DLSS?

NA

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have made a calculation and a video to demonstrate this.

The video is 2 minutes long (first minute is done at 1X rate while the second minute is at 4X).

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/s6xdY9Zjmm

RESULTS AT 1X

TIME / Fuel Used / Destination EFOB
20:52:20 / 760 kg / 2.2
20:53:20 / 830 kg / 2.3

Difference = 70 kg/min ~ 4200 kg/hr. (Looks ok based on FF of 4440 kg/hr approx)

RESULTS AT 4X

TIME / Fuel Used / Destination EFOB
20:53:20 / 830 kg / 2.3
20:54:20 / 850 kg / 2.4
20:55:20 / 860 kg / 2.5
20:56:20 / 880 kg / 2.6
20:57:20 / 890 kg / 2.6

Diff = 60 kg / 4 min = 15 kg/min ~ 900 kg/hr (Actual fuel consumed is ~ 4 times less than expected)

1 Like

I haven’t tested this myself since I pick the fenix for a32x. But I can believe this to be the case since this is also the case for inibuilds a300. From their discord,it seems increased sim rate is not properly supported in their aircraft. So same thing may happen in a320 also. Wonder how the a310 behaves with increased sim rate since it’s so similar.

On Xbox X, I’ve done quite a few long haul flights (mostly in the 787-10, sometimes in the Longitude, and a couple in the new A320neo). I often will increase simrate by “2 clicks” during the long cruise, and watch the world go by (I’m not sure if this is 2x, 3x, or 4x normal speed…)

I have not measured, but for the most part, the fuel remaining after landing is fairly close to predicted by Simbrief for me - I usually have slightly more than the Simbrief Finres + Altn. Sometimes if the winds changed, I’ll even get fuel warnings. If the plane was only burning 1/2 the fuel (for the portion of flight that has an increased sim rate), I’d expect to have a greater amount of fuel on landing.

Thanks. All other airplanes work fine. But the new A320 doesnt. I also hesrd is the same in the Ini 310/300 so it does happen.

I have flown the 787/747/737 and all have an accurate consumption at sim rate 2X, 4X etc.

Ah, I see, specific to the Ini Airbuses (I should learn to not reply to anything before coffee)

1 Like