Add barns/farms etc to autogen buildings please

Big let-down for me is flying over some of the excellent immersive UK countryside but then you come across a 5-story modern office block where an old farmhouse of barn should be. It seems in rural areas nearly every isolated building gets the block-of-concrete-apartments look which ruins the othrewise excellent and immersive landscape. I’d love to get this fixed with low farm buildings & barns in the isolted areas of the countryside.

1 Like

Hey I rather enjoyed the thought of skyscrapers in Jerome, Arizona, an old mining community build on the side of a mountain with winding narrow streets and turn of the century buildings. Laughs. In other words it’s not just the UK.

1 Like

Having now navigated to some other countries - I concur! I do hope they are working on this…

1 Like

How disappointing. Only 48 upvotes. Sorry I can’t upvote again but may I point out that the ‘UK simmers where are you?’ thread (Find a friend forum) has posts from over 160 UK users. I would try appealing for upvotes there. Try mentioning loyalty to Queen and Country :grin:
Or tell them that this non-Brit will withdraw her vote if they can’t be bothered to support the RSPCA.
:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Just added mine. Absolutely ridiculous to see these office blocks all over the UK countryside! Looks like a 1950s Soviet housing scheme…

Yes its sad that so many looked at this thread but did not bother to vote. If somebody in another country has an issue and asks for a vote, I do so because its better for all of us if the sim improves. So come on folks, if you want to see the UK looking more realistic, vote, it takes one mouse click!

Hopefully, regardless of the number of votes, this will be noticed by Asobo/MS and sorted in the UK World Update that has just been announced.

They mentioned including 10 new, UK-specific building types - so perhaps that will sort it - and, possibly, churches

2 Likes

Voted - Here’s hoping this gets a fix, or maybe the upcoming World Update 3 will sort it. Either way, it’ll be nice to be able to fly back over the UK again, without this nonsense appearing all the time… :slight_smile:

Catchy! :slight_smile: I used to like his show too.

“Pigs? In there???” I’m going to think of that every time i see an office in field.

1 Like

It’s not just the UK. I’ve been flying over rural US for the past couple of weeks and there are random buildings all over the countryside. I don’t think they actually care.

I realise I’ve put in a similar Bug using these photos. They show the location in MSFS and in real life.
Well Hill Farm is just north of Grantham. It’s all down to having the wrong, or overly general, assumptions about landclass in the building placement algorithm.

From the Fens in rural Cambridgeshire. There are other apartment blocks in the background. It really is poor and completely ruins flying around these areas. These are supposed to be farm sheds. Does anyone from Microsoft ever check these forums? The Land’s End area in Cornwall is similar, though the apartment blocks are harder to see due to the forest that has overgrown the heathland. Disappointed.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [UK default scenery - large barns shown as apartment blocks]

Flying over my home area in the UK, large single storey barns with shallow pitched roofs are shown as 2 storey apartment blocks.

Apartment blocks are extremely rare in the rural areas of the UK - large low barns are common - great to get changed as the apartment blocks look completely out of place

Agreed, I went to the old horse farm where I grew up as a kid, and the barns had become fancy apartment buildings, complete with flashing windows where someone is apparently partying or watching TV. So it looked like the horses were living better than the humans!

Humans live here:

Horsies live here:

Yep. Most are concrete.

UK tends to be red brick. Don’t think Asobo know this.

Generally around 53.1N 1.6W - there are no apartment blocks outside of urban areas for 10-20 miles (at least)

A few specific barns to look at although I cannot currently confirm how the barns at these locations appear in MSFS2020 (although no barns appeared when I toured the area in FS2020 so assume that they are shown as apartment blocks):
53.080653, -1.646033 (Lat-Long)
53.109918, -1.673742
53.129932, -1.727193
53.125681, -1.663726
53.156317, -1.723872
In some cases, the barns can be seen on Google street view

If you are seeing those weird things in UK, europe, imagine how is the situation in south america and places that are not the goal of MSFS

Nice one Rogg :wink:
I had hoped that this would have been addressed in the UK update, but this, and the excessive trees (and their height) at higher altitudes, still prevail.