Aerosoft Simple Traffic

But only with Offline Traffic

Due to be released today but no way of purchasing. Has there been a delay?

nope, just have a bit patient. Early afternoon (European time) as stated in the forums of Aerosoft

1 Like

Not knocking it as I have only seen the you tube review, but the liveries don’t look crisp enough and all planes are the same unless you have to go in and tweak them all

Might be easier for people who just want live traffic liveries but I think I will stick with AIG as the textures are really good and you get different aircraft types and once they get GA sorted it will be really good

Having said that , for £15 it seems a fair price
Just have to wait for more reviews so not writing it off

3 Likes

This program will be great for Xbox and some PC users that like click install and forget, I belong to the latter category as I do not like endless installations and updates with complicated programs that have to be started manually outside the sim.

1 Like

Yes that’s very true, it is probably an easy set up in terms of installation.

I agree its a fantastic price, and looks ok, I remember ultimate traffic I spent more time updating liveries and flight plans than actually flying. Tweaking planes cfg files. Dont get me wrong it was a great software…but limited.

1 Like

Novice question but I don’t visit forums very often so haven’t kept up to date :

Does ST just give appropriate liveries

or

Does it give appropriate liveries and make AI traffic take off and land (i.e. make it function)

Just liveries. No change to the AI logic. But it does include offline AI schedules.

That said, it does give a nice improvement with correct liveries. Especially for the price .

AIG will require more effort, but the result is also better.

6 Likes

Assuming it A/I traffic not Live traffic…because Live traffic planes dont take off

They do for sure!

I use to have live traffic enabled, its a known MS bug, which has been reported to zendesk, they never take off, only A/I.

Thanks TFEV for your clarity, much appreciated.

This sim really is the “Marilyn Munroe” of all sims. Beauty unbounded with ample appealing features, enough to make you fall in love…but a functional mess.

Looking at the roadmap I see no mention in the bugs list of a fix to the AI logic?

After going through the pain of installing AIG, I must say it’s really an impressive package.
HOWEVER, installing it REALLY is very time-consuming and finicky and may be too much effort for many people who just want to have their airports look more realistic and immersive.

Since today most airliners are twin-engined and mainly vary in size but still look much alike (apart from the CRJs etc.) Simple Traffic surely is a tremendous improvement for very little money if you don’t care much whether the aircraft at the gate is an A320, EMB 190 or a 777.

6 Likes

Hmmm… you might actually be right. My mistake. I was feeding in data from AIG Traffic Controller when the planes took off.

1 Like

Totally agree!

This simple freeware one on PC works quite well for European destinations (with live traffic. I haven’t tried it with AI traffic as being so buggy I don’t tend to use AI traffic.) -

It has been released a few moments ago. WIll buy and download it later this day.

Yes, it adds liveries AND AI traffic (it makes AI traffic take off and land with realistic liveries at realistic geographical locations)

You’re confusing “AI logic” and “AI Traffic”.

Simple Traffic DOES add AI traffic (it adds offline AI traffic plans to make liveries take off to realistic locations, and land in realistic locations). When they it doesn’t make changes to the AI logic, they just mean it doesn’t make changes to the behaviour of the planes (the actual piloting / taxing).

I know this, because I am using it this very moment.