AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

Hi everyone.

Brand new to all of this and haven’t played a sim since I was a kid on FSX but have been following the Sim’s progress with the intention of purchasing eventually but when I was a kid I had Traffic X for my sim and spent more time just spotting than flying towards the end of my sim days. Now I want to start again with the release of the game on Xbox Series X and I’ve been searching far and wide to see if there is a good and realistic Ai Addon coming anytime soon from anywhere. Contacted some developers as well as MS and Asobo and yet to receive any replies from those. I was then pointed to this thread by someone on the more popular Ai traffic thread and after taking the time to skim through most of the 300+ posts I’m absolutely blown away and can’t wait to see this product in action when it’s eventually released. My only question is this, will I be able to add it to my Xbox version of the game and if so, do we know how?

Very best of luck with the development of this, I’m sure it’ll be a smash hit with your followers and I hope I become one of them in the coming months.

XBOX support has to be cecked as soon as the gam is released on XBOX. So far it is only planned for PC cause is needs extra software to get installed and run.

1 Like

To be compatible with the Xbox consoles, the add-on needs to be distributed in the in-sim marketplace, that said, do you intend to have it on the marketplace?

we can not go into the marked place with OCI for 2 reasons:

1. The rights to reupload models/liveries are not within AIG. Out tool only provides a techical solution to download and install the files from the differenct sources.
  2. Our current AI setup is alsmost as big as the whole game.

We are AIG are in contact with ASOBO/MS to find possible other solutions.

1 Like

I hope you get a solution for that, but I think it’s impossible to access the Xbox consoles users outside the marketplace. But we will see. Maybe a partnership between you and Asobo/MS to replace anything you don’t have the ownership?!

What’s the size of the current setup? As big as 200GB? Wow!

Likely not that big, but big enough.

For reference, I have a “small” Ai traffic setup with more than 20 different models (143 model variations)(and likely 500+ liveries) and my traffic file/directory is 15GB.

1 Like

My P3D OCI setup (incl. some dev-files/leftovers) is about 80-90GB. If i would have to install the current complete setup in MSFS I would need around 200GB caused by a workaround we currently using. I hope to get the time to test the lastest update so we might can remove the workaround again.

How many hours does it take for your sim to load :smiley:

1 Like

P3D is up in 2 minutes. MSFS currently takes a bit longer

In P3Dv5.x, I have the full AIG setup (each and every package they offer, about 1100 I guess) and loading times are not that much longer compared to no AI traffic at all. I am already looking forward to have all this AI traffic in MSFS and I am fine if it takes another year for it…

Today we got word of yet another copyright violation, this time we have no option to remove the package cause it is hosted on know piracy pages (promoting piracy via their FAQ).

The link to this mod have been posted in this topic (post is now removed!).
If stuff like this is the new “normal” and i guess it is now the 3rd or 4th time we had this within a year inside the MSFS community (compared FSX-P3D maybe 4 of this projects in 10 years), I have to rethink the open approch to the whole OCI project!

So if you guys see any promoting AI mod a the moment with FSX or MSFS models, check the stuff first before saying “great”!!!

I have not yet talked to any of the painters/modelers about concequences.

1 Like

I think MSFS gets more attention than other flight sims (promo on steam, E3, Xbox) and more attention plus a bigger audience is encouraging it. Another factor is that people are starting to lose their patience because of a lack of legit traffic models since the release of MSFS.

I don’t know if open or closed makes too much of a difference. At the moment the model and texture files are accessible things are going to happen.

Crashes hopefully then not as often as the current OCI version

Are you talking about the Russian one that is advertised on MSFS discord?

I mean, its Russian lol. Have you ever been to Russia? I have , they have copycatted playstations. I don’t think its anything new. If Sony can’t get them to stop, I doubt you will!

Just passing by to give you guys some encouragement.
There are always those who take shortcuts, but the community sees this.
Keep working hard, AIG Traffic will be great.

4 Likes

Yea. I’m also waiting and hoping that AIG comes with a good traffic like they’ve always done.
But can’t help to wonder why not a single independent developper has come out with a brand new traffic model made for MSFS?.
The A 330 model is a very good one for everyday flying (I understand it is a native MSFS model). I suppose it is less difficult to make a model for traffic only, isn’t it?.
Maybe copying (and improving) the “twin engine airliner”…
Just wondering

1 Like

Hey,

short update on the porgress:

1. Over the last couple of days we fixed some bugs, improved texture conversion and added some more features needed for MSFS, so far no major hickups inside the installation-process.

2. Performace in the Sim is within the limits we have hoped so far (no full setup yet!). In CDG (Premium) I am getting with a full AFR setup an FPS hit by around 4-6 FPS on my system (5800X+32GB+RTX 3090).
    The major impact here is comming from the Sim itself, by adding ground vehicles with animated drivers to each gate…

3. AIGFP integratioon and basic feature test of AIGTC was finished and is currently tested, so far no major error reports.

4. Models, still WIP

5. Repaints, we can and will stick to the already released paints and make sure AIM will readjust them on installation (see 1.)

26 Likes

Thank you.

Keep it up!

1 Like

This add-on has recently popped up on Flightsim.to, and it seems they use some of yours models among others in it. Are you aware of it, and did you give the permission to use your models to them?

1 Like