AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

and remeber guys, all you see there are FSX native models. I am sure when we use native MSFS models the performance will gain as well :wink:

6 Likes

I just love those screenshots.

You guys are awesome!

and just for reference my current OCI setup (P3Dv5)

SimObjects: 131
Repaints/Fltsims: 6957
Models: 417
Flightplans: 1323
Size: 47.6 GB

Our goal is to bring all of that and all stuff released from now on.

11 Likes

Any idea if ADE can /is being updated for msfs2020 now that Ai is starting to come alive? I’ve found that even with the best payware airports I end up tweaking the parking quite a bit

Yes it’s slowly coming together, all our favourite add ons are one by one coming over to MSFS. If you’ve been simming for long enough you’ll know what I mean.

3 Likes

Other than payware packages, AIG is the only AI package that has all its liveries and models used with the permission of the original authors. The rest of the freeware packages seems to not care too much about intellectual property rights.

It should also be noted that FSPXAI has a large collection of beautiful payware models for P3d and FSX and the author is working on native MSFS versions.

2 Likes

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to try it out!

Can’t wait. You guys rock!

Well done guys, love your work.

Hello, so excited.

Here’s some more screens for your viewing pleasure!

13 Likes

Looks awesome!

This is great news indeed. Q1 of 2021, I should hope.

Any comments on how hard Ai traffic will take the fps down?

How refreshing :blush:

Take your sweet time. This sounds well worth waiting for! Thanks for your work.

2 Likes

nope mabye Q3 or Q4. So far we have no indication of how long it will take to convert the models to MSFS native format - as already said. All SimObjects you see in the Images are FSX models… (There is a reason why there are no night images so far^^)

1 Like

I remember seeing in one of MS/Asobos Q6A that they said that one of the reasons that they didn’t use airlines liveries for their default aircrafts, were because they needed the permission fo use company logos. If that’s correct, how do AIG get the permission if the logos are copyrighted?

It might be because it’s free. They’re not selling the liveries.

1 Like

When you sell a product, copyright holders take notice and don’t like that you are making money from their intellectual property without some form of compensation or permission. If the product is free, they may still object, but generally if they feel the product is harming their reputation.

With AIG, I think reputations are being enhanced via superior models and users having a high regard for all of the beautiful liveries. Very unlikely a company would object to that usage.

3 Likes

I saw on the fsdeveloper website that the author of ADE is working on a new version for MSFS

In the US, copyright protection can be forfeited if the owner doesn’t enforce it one way or another. Even when no charge is intended for use of copyright by other parties, there would be a non-exclusive license. It would specify terms of use.