Air Manager?

Read my followup as to why we don’t do full panels. It sheds light on why most folks don’t bother.

Yeah I did and I was already aware of that. Monitor size can indeed be a big issue. I wouldn’t use a “full” panel on my monitor that has switches and throttle levers anyway since that’s all physical controls and it would be redundant. I just use the main gauges and nav/radio instruments which makes it much easier to size everything to fit.

Same. I bought the payware C172 and Baron panels. They were built for larger screens and unusable on my 15" monitors. It’s impossible for my fat fingers to accurately hit buttons. So I just made a new background graphic and rearranged the stuff in a way that works for me.

If / when Sling releases his DA61 panels, I’ll likely be doing the same and just building my own layouts based on his instruments and controls. It’s an unfortunate limitation of AM unfortunately.

Yeah, just nature of the beast. But not too hard to workaround at least, just takes a bit of time. Especially when you have to resize something about 6 times since it always resizes a little too much or not enough when dragging it haha

I’ve seen quite a few pictures of your setup and it looks great by the way! One of these days I’d like to get some more screens as well, then figure out where on earth I could put them so they don’t block everything.

Your best friend is to look at the instrument properties and set the numbers manually vs trying to drag things around. It’s technically a little more effort, but gets your stuff sized and positioned a lot more precisely.

How many screens do you have?

Yeah sometimes I resort to doing that, but it usually ends up being faster by dragging it. Sometimes they just get a little stubborn. One thing I haven’t figured out how to get working right is the EGT gauge for the 172, wondering if you’ve found a fix for that? I’ve searched around and seems nobody else talks about that problem.

I only have one 19" monitor below my main 24" for the panel right now. Barely enough room for it as it is.

That’s never worked for me either. Someone brought it up on the Sim Innovations forum many, many months ago, Ralph blamed it on MSFS being trash, and that’s where it was left as far as I can tell.

Ah, bummer. I’ve noticed the Baron EGT worked fine for the JF Arrow. Might work for the 172 as well, not sure though. However that may have been because I did a lot of .cfg editing back then getting everything to my liking but lost all of it awhile ago when I forgot to backup.

Hi: I am not trying to hijack the thread, but I really need some assistance. I purchased the Air Manager for iPad this morning and I am getting nowhere fast. I designed a basic, generic panel intending on trying the app out. Now what do I do? How do I assign the panel to an aircraft? How do I select that panel? I think I could get hooked on this app once I figure it out. Is there any step by step guide for designing and loading my designs? I am able to connect to the sim (p3d) easily and have loaded the Sim innovation drivers. Any assistance appreciated!

It’s no different to someone showing off their cockpit build. It provides inspiration for others. I personally love to see what others are doing for this hobby.