Airports, Traffic, FPS Disappear - Simconnect Object Limit?

We were all asked to provide examples and repeat flights that others have done to look for consistency, which several of us did. Lots of flight details and screenshots were provided throughout this thread. I agree, I think many were hoping that the issue would have just been fixed in the background since there was no mention in the updates. If the mods are here, what else should we do to get this sorted?

@Aviator993258, what were some of the specifics of the flights where this occurred? Airports, Aircraft, Weather, GSX, AI Traffic, etc?

1 Like

The Dev Team, via @CasualClick seem to want it tested in a default scenario, however as has been documented here by many people, including some very knowledgeable third party developers, it is the addition of sim objects from non default products that seem to cause the default sim object limit to be hit.

Regrettably, this is reminiscent of the old P3D Lochhead Martin comments
“If it doesn’t happen in the default sim then it must be a third party problem”. That ignores the fact that 3rd party products can highlight and induce a problem that exists inherently in the default sim.

Its just putting your head in the sand and ignoring the problem (in this case, over six months of reports)

4 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

it is about mod compatibility, so no

Brief description of the issue:

Whenever a certain number of simobjects is exeeded, the sim makes them invusible/stops injecting them. This is very annoying and happens a lot when flying into big airports. Especially with AI traffic and GSX running. Not all of us have potato PCs, mine could handle much more, even when the max amount of simobjects is reached it still runs fluid. I’d love this cap to be removed.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

everywhere

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

get FSLTL and GSX and fly to a big, heavy airport, objects like AI planes or GSX vehicles will be invisible

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

11900kf, RTX 4090, 64 gb DDR 4 @ 3600Mhz, M.2 SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since always

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Removed or at least being configurable in order to avoid problems in “potato PCs” :joy:.

Yes

With FSLTL and GSX this limit is easily exceeded at large airports, even though I’ve trimmed back the settings. It breaks GSX and more when this happens. It doesn’t just affect arrival airports but can also break on departure, eg. for me EGLL.
Please increase the limit.

I believe this post is too hard too find. Maybe add tags or change the title? It’s about too many simobjects and you can’t find it when searching for “simobjects” or similar.

I just put ‘simconnect’ and ‘object’ in the title and added a ‘simconnect’ tag. I’m not able to add my own tags, just what is already populated in the window, and ‘simobject’ is not one of those.

Since this post has been dormant for a while, would any of the admins reading this be able to give us an update on the simconnect object limit being looked at? Many thanks.

2 Likes

It’s tagged feedback-logged and not even bug logged. This means they haven’t reproduced the problem to even try and fix it.

Given it’s said to be a repeatable limit of 1000 simobjects then it must be a hard limit somewhere directly written into the code. If they can’t find this in their own code then that doesn’t bode well at all.

1 Like

Out of all days I ran into this issue today for CTP. Was landing in DTTA (third party) and the airport completely failed to load. No buildings or runways, just a washed out 240p image of runway. Also very sluggish with lots of stutter during approach. Wonder if this was due to it being a 9 hour flight. Or due to the sim object injections of VPilot or GSX.

Sim object limit doesn’t affect normal scenery, sounds like something was more broken than just the limit on that occasion.

The same issue at me today. Flighing from EHAM (Fly Tampa) to EDDM (Sim-Wings) All flight until Approach to EDDM was good (35 Fps, High End System, no stutters, VR). After landing in EDDM - no buildings, no runways, FPS 15, stutters. GSX and FSLTL in background, PMDG 737. Nothing else changed in the community folder or on PC. maybe a Fly Tampa Problem? Had this already with Las Vegas Airport from Fly Tampa. Will check all and retry

It affects AIs and GSX objects. When you return to an airport, because of Simconnect/SimObject Limitations, you will not see any AI planes (98% of times). Instead you get stutters and some FPS reduction which indicates something behind the scene is not working properly.

Right, which is why I replied to someone reporting missing buildings and runways, which is nothing to do with simobjects.

Then, it would seem sensible, to have the Dev Console display an error message saying maybe

• “maximum number of simobjects exceeded”

and the Dev Mode FPS counter display how many Simobjects are currently in use.

ie Simobjects (420 of Max 512)

• What is the MAX limit ? and does it vary according to the PC/Xbox system in use

Maybe this information is already available, hidden in the Dev Mode interface ?

I guess I have found the answer – almost

YES

Simobject 572 - generic Turbo Quad Engines Asobo 00

What I do not know is it that s a Static Aircraft placed their by the Airport, or an AI aircraft that got put there by some other process,

At the monent I took this screen shot, I had at least 816 simobjects ?, but simobjects Baggage carts was at 4429 simobjects

Could be as many as 17637+ simobjects

simobjects

powers of 2

• Maybe the max is 32768 or even 65536 ?

• Maybe Asobo will tel us what the Max is ?

=====================

rofl – any then the Sim CRASHED !!

Well, nobody has ever claimed that the Dev Console was “STABLE” !!!

and this Rabbit Hole is getting far too deep 

1 Like

Maybe this is just a floating number? Means, each new simobject gets a new ID, irrespective of the fact if the simobject is currently being loaded into the sim? So it could still be that the limit is with 2^14 simobjects (or even way less). Just thinking

Could be 
 unfortunately, so many things in MSFS are not documented or shared, so users are left just Guessing as to what is and isn’t.

Based on my last MSFS error (Breakpoint error), I have taken the risky step of running a Registry cleaner (after a backup), and it claims it found a ton of issues,and “FIXED” them, so I will see if I now still have a working PC, or need to re-install everything.

Those numbers are IDs not current sim object counts.

In the right hand window there, check “Display summary on screen” then make sure to remove the clutter (auto hide the menu bar) and you’ll see the active count.

The per category sim object counts are in parentheses after the category, you have 63 AIRPLANEs.

So removed Simobjects are not having their Ids reused. ?
If so after a time , any new Ids will be assigned a very high (integer ? ) value.!