Allow Deletion of Closed (non-existent) Airports via 'World Hub'

Having followed old posts and all of the Dev Q&As, it’s quite clear that its main purpose is to allow community submissions to improve the world. It is NOT a simplified airport editor. You’ll need to use the existing tools as now, and submit your scenery to the World Hub system. Maybe they’ll enhance the tools, but I don’t believe that’s the point of it at all.

If you’re familiar with X-Plane, they have a very similar system where users can submit airport changes. They are either voted on or moderated to some extent, and a given user submission eventually gets included in a future simulator update as default scenery, so everyone benefits (except those people who enjoy historic layouts perhaps - as evidenced in this thread!).

With a quick search I was able to find these notes from the Dev Q&A, in respect to the purpose of World Hub:

Yeah I’m excited to see this I think this is the way to go crowdsourcing these types of information is the only way to really get the world accurate.

There may be further details in other dev stream transcriptions.

Or there’s the original wishlist thread for some light reading :grin:

So in summary, I believe the ‘good’ submissions, which pass whatever kind of vetting process they implement, will be included in the base simulator as improvements on the airports generated from their original data sources.