Am I the only one having issues adjusting the avionics in flight?

I’m talking about adjusting the heading or course bug, setting the barometric pressure etc. Especially any control that has multi use and requires fine control of the mouse to hit the right spot. If the aircraft is bumping around this can become a real issue. How do the rest of you get around this?

Using the instrument camera’s Shift + 1-9

2 Likes

I’ve bound most of the knobs and buttons to my X.56 HOTAS throttle’s knobs and switches. It was just WAAAAAY too annoying to try to adjust them on screen with a mouse.

Indeed! Using kb buttons or knobs makes life so much easier

Yup. Clickable cockpits are a nice idea in theory, but always turn out to be problematic in practice. Which is what people tend to end up spending so much money on physical controllers. Having said that though, there are things that could be done better clickpit-wise in MSFS, and the double knobs found on PFDs and MFDs in particular clearly need further thought. Far too easy to move the wrong thing.

1 Like

I’d hope that they make the ‘bouncing around’ adjustable or enable a key to temporarily pause it…tab key or something. The way things are, there are times where it gets pretty dicey trying manipulate buttons and switches with a mouse.

You might want to cast your vote here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/completely-turn-off-camera-shake-for-better-mouse-operations/278876/8

And here too:

2 Likes