(AMD7800X3d) Spikes in CPU usage increase TDIE Temperatures

Started noticing the same behaviour after wu15 nordics, although not sure whether thats the issue or if I wasn’t paying attention to it before that. Usually cpu temps are stable at 55-62c and cpu usage around 25-30%. Random spikes up to around 35-40% cpu and 75-80c (at most). I’ve concluded that it must be scenery/objects loading causing this. It starts shortly after takeoff, continues throughout the whole cruise phase and gets less frequent when decending and rarely happens on final. When on ground either taxiing or parked it never happens. It also doesn’t happen over water. I also discovered that having FlyTampa EHAM installed seems to cause the spikes to be worse with usage spiking to almost 60% and the highest temp spike I saw was 87c. It happened even though I was nowhere near the airport and was back to normal once I uninstalled EHAM. I noticed the spikes for the first time after enabling expo and coincidentally flying to EHAM. I dissabled expo but was still seeing the same spikes. Naturally the usage spikes cause a drop in fps but I rarely notice it. It’s only a momentary drop in fps and I think frame generation smoothens it out abit (around 10fps drop for a split second more or less)

7800x3d
32gb gskill ddr5
1tb & 2tb samsung 990pro
Arctic liquid freezer ii 360mm aio

1 Like