Another Autopilot Bug Bandaid -- MSFS Released in Beta -- Cessna Longitude

It looks like instead even even trying to actually fix the autopilot. They just majorly dampened the autopilot’s ability to control the plane at all, significantly increasing the time it takes the autopilot to react, as well as send additional inputs to the plane. Flying the Cessna Longitude

Just took off and set FLC mode at 200 knots. It slowly oscilated from -5000 to 500+fpm. Completly blowing through the target speed each time and starting the next oscilation to try to “catch up”

Even more ridiculous was when I hit Altitude Hold as I passed 8000 feet. Again, it oscilated slowly up and down, going from -5000 to 5000+ fpm.

Here’s the really craptastic part. It just kept going higher, It would climb several thousand feet on the up oscilation, and only descend 500-,1500 feet on the down oscilation. About 45 seconds after hitting alt hold at 8,000 feet. I was blasting through 11,000 feet at 5000+ fpm.

Asobo. This is unacceptable. Completely ridiculous. You guys are in for a long, hard road ahead if you keep up these bandaid fixes. Fix your game.

Should have just called it early access.

PS. The completely non functional alphanumeric pad in the SR22 (A premium deluxe aircraft) is also a slap in the face.

2 Likes