Any aircrafts using GNS530 in base game?

Hello, I wanted to ask, if there are any aircraft that are using GNS 530 system in the base version of the game? If not, I guess I should stay with aircraft from marketplace…
The reason I ask about this is that I am thinking about buying RealSimGear GNS 530…
For now, I use Mooney M20R (if I remember the name correctly :smiley: )

Hi there,
There is a guide with every avionics system for every standard aircraft here:

So to answer your question, the Cessna 172 steam gauge version uses both the GNS 430 and 530.

Thanks for the reply.
So, there is only one aircraft in the base game…
So probably will need to buy another from Marketplace if I would want to use it with that tool…

Sounds right! Unfortunately, no such list exists for Marketplace aircraft!

Carenado Mooney
JustFlight Piper Arrow
JustFlight Piper Turbo Arrow

These I use with the GNS530

2 Likes

The C172 steam gauge version is only included in the Deluxe version. So if you mean “Standard edition” when saying “base game”, then it’s not included.

Only the Cap-10 is in the Standard edition and features the GNS430.

1 Like

Planes with the 530 and/or 430:

Standard Edition:

• Robin Cap10

Deluxe Edition:

• Cessna 172 Skyhawk
  • Diamond DV20
  • Diamond DA40 TDI

Premium Edition:

• Pipistrel Virus SW121

Marketplace / Third Party:

• Carenado M20R Ovation
  • Carenado PA44 Seminole
  • Carenado Piper PA34 Seneca V
  • JustFlight Piper Arrow III
  • JustFlight Piper Warrior II

I have a spreadsheet here. It’s a little out of date but might be helpful:

2 Likes

Doesn’t it have a touch interface? Don’t think it’s a 430/530.

Oops, you’re right there. It has the G3X (non-touch). Will update :slight_smile: Thanks.

Pardon for being a tad off topic but you may want to check this out for a better experience with that hardware…

1 Like

I’m still some time before I buy that hardware. The thing I should ask is: does it work properly with MSFS2020? I saw some videos on youtube about working of certain functionalities of GNS 530 with MSFS2020, but these videos were posted almost a year ago…

Which hardware are you talking about?

I bought the FlightSimBuilder version gn530 and it works well with MSFS2020. Paid $260. It works well with the Cessna 172, Piper Seneca V etc. If you follow the youtube video on the FlightSimBuilder website, it sets it up well

2 Likes

@SpousalSkline00 do they ship that gns530 to Europe? Aren’t they located in US?

Google them online and ask. I think they ship from SanDiego CA

I have contacted FlightSimBuilder. They say that with MSFS 2020 there might be some problems in my case, because I have a couple of game controllers connected to the PC, so it can be possible that their HW can get another index on game controller list in windows 10. But they told me, that when MSFS 2020 releases some additional API to controll the GPS, their HW will work better.

Honestly? Now, I think it would be better to pay addtionoal money to buy the 530 from any EU shop and pay only the amount of money they show in the store, than pay for something from US and additionally add the tax, and have problems with installation.

1 Like

Realuuu, what works for you best is the answer. I remember when I first installed the FlightSimBuilder GNS530 I could not find it as a joystick so I Googled one of the install videos and after SLOWLY following their directions, it worked.

I cannot respond about RealSimBuilder’s version of the 530 as I do not own it. However, the reviews seem to be very positive.

The SU5 update did not affect the performance of my GNS 530 display from FlightSimBuilder!

If shipping this GNS 530 from FlightSimBuilder to Europe/Poland costs more than the module itself, it’s not worth it.