Anyone else put off by "winter" in the sim?

Winter is more like an Ice Age in this sim.

And it’s not a coincidence that Asobo gave us Australia as the latest World Update at this time of the year.

1 Like

Seasons are not currently supported by the sim. The “winter” features are a stop gap at the moment, basically, until seasons are implemented, and it is in the development backlog, and listed in the development updates. The winter feature, however, will be great when mixed with seasons.

My main issue with the sim isn’t so much the winter representation, which is pretty good as far as I’m concerned (I live just south of the NH border and fly out of Nashua). It’s the way icing on planes is just absolutely horrible. My plane shouldn’t ice up in VFR conditions, period. It’s not like I’m flying through clouds. I fly in winter all the time and have never run into an icing condition.

And, sure, I’ll buy that Boston harbor and most rivers shouldn’t ice over that often, though I used to love skating on the Concord river when it did freeze over when I was growing up…

I can’t wait to go back to constant lightning :slight_smile:

seasons will most probably come in 2023 as is already postponed from 2022 to 2022-2023 and most of the ridicule will then be fixed, at least I believe so.

Add me to the list. I have made several posts on this issue, so far they have all gone unheard.

From ocean inlets that are frozen over to runways you can’t see, windows you can’t see out of. It’s like living after a nuclear holocaust or ice age.

2 Likes

Winter is rather poorly implemented. It’s not just the visuals. Everything associated with it seems wrong or broken. Snow is wrong. The exaggerated, unrealistic icing is very wrong. Just the other day, I was flying at -17C and it was raining.

I would just rather not deal with the haphazard implementation of winter in the sim as it currently exists. In winter, I base myself in Florida and SoCal so I don’t have to deal with the mess that winter is. Come spring once everything has thawed, I start flying in Canada again.

The winter textures certainly don’t look as nice as the non-snow textures, and the snowy runways need fixing, but the main thing that bugs me is that the sim decides that a lot of coastal areas are suddenly frozen over that would almost never be in real life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.