Autogen airports too dark

Do you mean ground features or moisture? Asking because I can’t check on my low spec system.

Exactly, autogened airports lack floodlights and above all as someone mentioned the taxi and nav lights don’t light up the surroundings as they should, so it makes some airports completely dark.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that there’s no airports light at the gate during night ? I find it a bit weird that I don’t see nothin.

Which airports are you seeing this at? Most major airports absolutely should have lighting.

Some smaller fields are not equipped with much, if any, lighting.

Post a screenshot and the airport code(s)

Far too dark. Bristol airport U.K is lit up very bright come nightime. In the sim, it’s pitch black.

1 Like

I do not understand why the airports are so dark at night. The default airports in FSX also did not have apron lighting, but I can still see stuff. In this sim, it’s pitch black.

2 Likes

Hello,
I hope it is not just only me who thinks that the Airports at Night are too dark.
Today I made a flight from Belfast to Nürnburg, my approach was at night, after the landning and the approach to the gate I couldn´t see a ■■■■ thing. Have anyone else notice this issue ?

8 Likes

Agreed! would be nice if the runway markings where reflective so when the landing lights hit them you can see them clearly.

1 Like

Airplanes use candles for landing and taxi lights.

2 Likes

I’ll put some screenshots later but i had this problem at Punta Cana Intl: MDPC and Quebec Intl Jean-Lessage : CYQB, it’s the only two I tried during the night so far.

you are correct most airports at night (the only ones I know that have lighting at the terminals are the handcrafted ones) that I have spawned in at do not have night lighting at the gates. Because of this, I have decided to add lighting myself to the airports I go to a lot through the SDK and have so far done KLAS (las vegas).

1 Like

Can you please share some pitch black ones and some with aprons lit and some with buidings lit etc etc please?

If there are no lights it’s supposed to be very dark. FSX was actually too bright during nights. Always bugged me.

1 Like

It seems as though the taxi lights are bugged…I don’t have any little blue lights to guide me around on the ground at night.

EGLL is pretty dark also, especially around T5, i think the night scene needs a bit more work

1 Like

Right now all the handcrafted airports have floodlights and all the ai generated airports don’t.

2 Likes

I have the premium version for heathrow and that is very dark, so hopefully as the release beta matures so will issues like this.

1 Like

Not only that is the issue, but i ve seen ai aircraft dont have their taxi lights/landing lights on during their movement.

Hi, don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but airports are missing lights at the gate or at the main terminal building which makes it hard to see during the night time. Sure you will find some lights at the airport but they are usually at the edges of the airport or in places that make no sense. This won’t do if you are flying on vatsim during the night time. Hopefully, this gets fixed

1 Like

Yep indeed this is the case with the non-handcrafted airports. A couple of posts have been made about this. I was irritated enough that I started adding night lighting to airports I go to recurrently with the SDK. I might post them when I get around to finishing a few more (only have KLAS done so far).

1 Like