Basic FSX functionalities that are gone!

I was an Alpha and Beta tester for the FS2020 and have noticed all these basic functionality that we used to have for many years in previous generations of FS and they are all taken away from FS2020 without no explanation from Microsoft. I was hoping to see them fixed by the time the sim is released but they are all still here as a finished product! The intention of this thread is to make a list for Asobo studio to hopefully work on them for the next updates. I start with the ones that I have noticed myself and the list can grow in the comments.

1. The ability to change aircraft while flying without the need to return back to the main menu. I know this feature is available via Dev mode but why?

2. Ability to change airport (location) while flying without the need to go back to the main menu.

3. In FSX there was a 2D world map (while flying AND in the main menu) where we could see all NAVAID information (VOR, DME, ADF, ILS Appraches, waypoints…) with vital detailed information such as radio frequencies AND ILS courses! The last one is soooooooooooooooooo annoying that I have no clue about the ILS course. Not everyone has access to approach charts…

4. It is almost impossible to get the “CLEAR TO TAKE-OFF” option from ATC without passing the taxiway hold short! I always should get super close to the runway when taxing to be able to ask for clearance…

5. I personally have encountered so many bugs (Alpha, Beta and also the RELEASED version) such as getting my controls frozen (the throttle moves but the engine doesn’t respond or the yoke doesn’t move!!!) and also recently I have been getting the sim frozen for a while when selecting an IFR flight plan (like for 30 seconds) and sometimes in the air while flying…

6. Where are the 2D panels? Although 3D cockpits are the ultimate to go for many people, many of the flight simmers use the pop-up 2D panels on different screens (such as PFD, ND, overhead panel) while flying…

7. The vibration and shaking in 3D cockpit adds a lot to the realism but it makes it really difficult to use the cursor over knobs. For instance when turning the HDG knob often it get’s out of the zone causing the mouse wheel to zoom instead of turning the knob. At least the vibrations can go off when turning a knob.

Please add to the comment your discoveries and I will add them to my first post…

Regards,
Hooman

6 Likes