Bell 407

Lol. I suppose you have un-limited space and no other considerations either.

Then look at the Slaw or Virpil offerings as a start.

Just don’t get anything made from plastic. All metal is the way to go.

2 Likes

I got a PPL and can definitely recommend it! Seems like virpil is the top of the line, too bad that its all back ordered. Ive been eyeing them

1 Like

Haha yeah I’m just joking, thanks for the recommendations. Had not heard of Slaw before

1 Like

Pro-Flight Trainer Puma X

I have a 3rd gen Black Lynx that I upgraded to a 4th gen Puma. It’s been rock solid for over 7 years now.
Absolutely worth the cost. The version I have uses pots, and the resolution is more than enough. The new Hall sensor PumaX is probably even better. I use it in DCS, XP11/12 and MSFS. It already has the correct stick position, and since it was designed as a full length cyclic, the throws at full stop aren’t excessive and match most helis and warbirds.

3 Likes

I’m looking at the latest version of the Puma X but man, the price. Gonna be a while before those $$$ become available.

I was on a VATSIM flight just now and suddenly and instantaneously lost both engine power and electrical power (cockpit went dark). Does the Bell 407 simulate failures? If so, what kind of failure would cause you to lose both engine power and electrical power suddenly? Shouldn’t there be battery power even if the engine fails?

Wow that looks incredible. I had no idea that was a thing, thank you so much for the tip!

Did a 40min flight, i was so amazed i had to shrink it into a short video.

6 Likes

Very nice! Makes we want to try out the Bell more (I’ve been mainly flying with the Cabri so far).
May I ask what you are using for recording? Is it the built-in recorder that is accessible from dev mode or a 3rd party tool?

1 Like

No expert by any means, but I think I saw this behaviour reported as a bug in the bugs forum.

1 Like

Thanks, glad you like it!
Yes, this was done with the build in recorder. Kinda hard to put everything together, but was worth the effort.

1 Like

May i ask if the flight mode assistance is on or off

Assistance is off, of course. Posted my settings earlier in this thread.

How to enable windshield defrost?
I thought I used every switch to defrost, but the cockpit is totally frozen.
Is there a trick, or must we use again the keyboard shortcut?

@Donald04 Yes it’s an issue. You’ll also notice your windscreen is frozen on the inside only. The outside is free of ice and obstruction.

1 Like

The Bell is not certified for flight in freezing or icing conditions. What you do in the sim is up to you. But then don’t wonder about icing that you can’t get rid of. It is just implemented in the MSFS only accurate.

Source: www.maunaloahelicopters.edu
BHT-407-FM-1 - ROTORCRAFT FLIGHT MANUAL - MODEL 407 (maunaloahelicopters.edu)

1-3. TYPES OF OPERATION
1-3-A. PASSENGERS
Basic configured helicopter is approved for
seven place seating and is certified for land
operation under day or night VFR nonicing
conditions

4 Likes

This thing still has plenty of bugs that need to be fixed, but apparently, Nemeth Designs is another “fire-and-forget” developer. Asobo should have gone with someone more reputable to make the 407.

2 Likes

First of all, Nemeth Designs developed this aircraft for Asobo and they now own it and are responsible for any future updates. Second, let’s give them a few more days (or weeks) before we write them off. I expect that there will be future updates.
John

4 Likes

I really am tired of the dunning Krueger effect in this thread.

People say the heli is icing on the inside of the windscreen as a bug.

“Well you’re not supposed to fly in icing weather so that’s what you get.”

I love the new helis!

-“you must have assists on, these are uncontrollable”.

I have assists off and enjoy flying it.

-“well you shouldn’t enjoy it cause the flight model is all wrong. This isn’t how these should fly.”

It’s been 821 posts of this nonsense.

10 Likes