Best way to move camera around in cockpit?

Are you shure there is nothing else programmed on these two buttons
I know it should work on the pov/hat switçh may be you can get this to work just create a copy of your profile and rename it differently like put test in the name.

I use a Tobii eye/head tracker and a 3d connexion controller for views and cameras.

Got it working! didn’t like the thumb stick on my flight stick, but it liked the hat switch. this is sweet, thank you!

1 Like

Furthermore, I was able to map camera zoom/zoom out to the scroll wheel on my flight stick! So now I have all of my camera controls on my Turtle Beach stick off to my left, and I can fly with my Honeycomb stuff. This is so great. Don’t think I need to use my controller for anything at all anymore.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I give it two weeks top then u find it usefull again to use the controller
For example to use it for nosewheel steering next to and separate from ruddercontrel.

Heheheh i knew there would be a use for it

I use Track IR. It took me way too long to get Track IR. I wish I’d got it right at the start because I seriously can’t live without it now. I don’t know how anyone can enjoy the sim properly without some sort of head tracking set up. Along with a HOTAS its an flight simming essential I would say.

I’d love to try a Tobii eye tracker. The only downside of Track IR is having to wear a hat and remembering to calibrate it before firing up the sim. Wearing a hat also ruins my amazing head of hair :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

I’d love to try a Tobii eye tracker

You can mimic this with your headtracking if you can hold your head still just focus to anywhere outside the cockpit to your right or left from the cockpit and steer towards it keep the point you choose to focus all the time just if you want to move your head move it like panning up or down but do not release focus to your selected point and when you come near the object just release pressure on the stick.

Remember once youve seen and felt it then you know what im babling about
Go ahead and try

I just assign the hat switches on my TB yoke to look around.
Although, would like to get a eye tracker.

My TrackIR arrived and I did some initial testing, and I gotta say I’m liking it so far!

Being able to ‘lean forward’ like in VR to get a close-up on the instrument panel – while still being able to see the real-world obstacles around me – is chef’s kiss :smiley:

The default panning feels a bit aggressive (you can turn the view 180 degrees to behind you with less than a 90-degree turn of the head) but I’m sure I an adjust it and/or get used to it quickly.

1 Like

Unlike VR, TrackIR isn’t a 1;1 tracking with your head motion. You CAN do that, but it would defeat the usefulness. It’s a matter of getting used to a 70 degree turn of your head looking back 180 in the cockpit. You can tune the curve in the TrackIR software to your liking. But this is something that’s just part and parcel from using any type of head / face tracking. It’s a bit awkward at first, but you quickly get used to it.

2 Likes

“You’ve just taken your first step into a larger world”

• Obi Wan Kenobi
2 Likes

I just use the hat and have a snap back to default button. With the V1 and pedals use the triggers to zoom. Also set multiple custom alt views like a best natural seated view as many defaults are horrid, one slight raised for parking/spotting, one at the mfd/stack, and some passenger seats for cruise to chill out in already glancing out naturally. Of course the mouse if I need something very specific, but most times can just wander around with the freelook and snap left/right on the other hat. In exterior views one hat is free the other snap views. Albeit it’s a 55" parked nearly touching the back of the yoke, so it’s 1:1 scale.

Still have the standard toggle 4 zoom views and change instrument views on the the mini hat. Plus rudder/ail trim and some other stuff, you can pack a ton just on the V1 yoke top buttons. And can hit the alt views on the keyboard wit lille or no looking. Very natural to check your situation when banking and landing in or on tight areas.