Black Square Bonanza - opening the window destroyed the plane ;-)

Supposedly this is an add-on aspiring to “Study Level”, so why would trying to open a small window at 4500ft and a speed of around 120kts destroy the plane ??? :wink:

It’s an MSFS bug, happens on lots of aircraft. Turn off structural damage in settings.

2 Likes

Very typical with many third party addon aircraft. The window and door opening feature in the sim is glitched, but since none of the default Asobo aircraft even use it, if it gets brought up Asobo passes the blame to the third party developers trying to use the feature they refuse to fix.

A few developers have used custom code to make windows and doors that can be opened in flight properly but this creates other problems with how they look in multiplayer, as I recall.

There’s a very active thread for the Black Square Bonanza, I don’t see the point of starting a whole new thread for this rather minor complaint.

2 Likes

You can open the window on the ground but not in flight.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the comprehensive answers.
And sorry for posting this in a new thread, but I’m not very good at navigating this forum. :wink:

Hahah I did this at 12000ft and the plane blew up, or out, or…. I thought to myself “well that was dumb”. Who would open a window at 12000ft. This guy!!! Don’t know if its an issue or not, but it was funny!

1 Like

See this link to participate in the Black Square Bonanza:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Black Square Analog Beechcraft Bonanza A36 / G36