Bleriot XI: Initial Thoughts

My two cents… bought this airplane yesterday evening. First time I see a WW-I airplane available in the official shop, you get three Bleriot aircraft… one of them is marked with a skull (deadly :yum:… )

This one is quite flyable, the Bleriot XI Gnome Omega…

Watch out ! You can take off with some rudder, but mind the rudder has be positioned neutral, it has a lot of effect in the air as well, if you leave it on left or right compensation, you will crash to the ground.

Also this is NOT a metal airplane. It is very difficult to land with Damage Assistent on Hard, because it tends to go into overstress quickly when you try to get the airplane down… also, mind that it can take only a limited roll angle. The roll angle will cause centrifugal forces that make it fall apart.

Below roll angle is about what you can do, no more…

The name “Gnome Omega” is actually the engine… Gnome Omega - Wikipedia

The enigine sound is euuh… funny :grin:

There is only 6 years between Wright brothers and Blériot. But the quick development in the early years clearly shows ! Elevator works much better than the Wright prototype provided by Eggman, the engine is much stronger. I now think It can be landed with Damage on Hard. When I get a landing logged (1) I will post it here.

When you try putting it down, better NOT turn while descend… try flying very straight while landing, else on touchdown, it will easily tilt to the side and crash a wing.

Great challenge !

3 Likes