[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

WOW!! while I was “asleep” :slight_smile:
Superb news! Let’s hope it’s indeed will be working as it was, live weather will be good start!!! plenty of bad weather airports to try again (badbadweather.com :: High gusts)
Superb community efforts from everyone here involved! and special thanks for you @perrry @PopsMcDaddyo !!!
So just to be on the safe side, will be keeping the champange :champagne: in the fridge till we feel the wind back on our faces tomorrow :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome. I hope they will reactivate it in the live weather as well, not only in the custom weather selection. That’d suck a little bit. We’ll see when the hotfix drops.

2 Likes

I hope so too. Otherwise we need to make another topic for the liveweather too that describes the problem with live weather. Hope we not need to do so though. They know we can feel that it’s missing and i have wrote that it’s not working to Jayne in PM and that we not want any limits. Who want limits in a flightsim? We can choose a different place to fly at that time if it’s any problem or change to custom weather and set it up how want to have it. We have the options that we need. If they want to add more options it’s fine for me but never remove features or adding limits. Maybe they only reactivate it in liveweather because the custom weather ui is not ready we will see in around 2 hours.

2 Likes

We have NATO days at the airport I work at so it’s gonna be a busy night shift for me. I expect thorough examination of the gusts from you so I can later read it here on the forums, hehe. I’m hoping for positive messages only! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will post, you can be sure about that :slight_smile: I hope we can be more positive in this topic from now on and that it will be locked and solved.

2 Likes

not very promising unfortunately… trying just now the update, at KACO, should be 29G40KT but no gusts… also release notes didn’t mentioned it…
gonna re-check settings and another airports and will report back

Nope… nothing :frowning_face:
Tried KBYG - should be 16027G39KT , but zero gusts…
Also tried manual weather settings and also nothing.
Double checked and did a reset on the weather , online services and flight model just to be safe. Didn’t helped.
We need some clarifications, looks like it’s not part of the hotfix…

Have you tried custom weather? My install process takes forever. Server maybe is overloaded.

yes, that was the “manual” weather… nothing, no impact unfortunately

Strange, why mention that it’s reactivated when it’s not.

no idea, just posted a question on the hotfix post: Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0] - #55 by moxiejeff

it was not mention in the patchnotes…

1 Like

Agreed. Either they told Jayne something incorrectly again or it wasn’t able to make it in this patch.

Now I get why they won’t attend Flightsim Expo. I’d be ashamed too :joy: Now I only hope to hear some good news from another team.

1 Like

Hello everyone, this issue has been logged! The team is aware and working on it. This will be addressed but we don’t have any ETA for now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the communication and the rapid response :+1:
We are very keen to have the gusts working again soon!

Just have this to say: LOL

Thanks for the Informations. But why they said in the developement blog that the wind gusts have been reactivated? That is an incorrect information. The wind gusts still don’t work…

It is so difficult to give an simple and correct answer like you did. I can’t understand the way of communication.

6 Likes

They are like sort of working. But only a fraction of what is set.

Thank you for the response. We thought it was reactivated already though.