Classic tooltip (small white font on black)

After U5 I lost the classic discrete small tooltip.
I tried all combinations in General settings.
I never use default aircraft , I am not sure if it was applicable on those.
My aircraft are PMDG DC6 and ATsimulations Piaggio.
Now I am stuck with the large ugly blue arrow pointer - or no tooltip

What do you mean with blue arrow pointer?
I set interaction mode to Legacy and there I usually get only the (far too large) tooltips while hovering controls.
Sometimes the blue “eye” icon appears when hovering something at the edge of the screen, but other than that it works.

Still, I really want the old style small tooltips back (and showing the percentages or heading value in them). The new ones are mostly covering whatever I want to toggle, so I don’t even see the current state of a switch due to the tooltip.

Disabling tooltips is not a viable option for me due to the small clickspots in some cockpits.

But I think Jayne already wrote that they’re having a look into the Legacy interaction, hope they bring it back to where it was or at least make it moddable.
In the early days I had a mod which made the tooltips 80% transparent and even smaller, so they were useful but far less distracting. I want that back.

Also check this thread which should be used for voting, to not segregate votes for having this fixed:

1 Like

time for a wish list entry ?.. I would vote for it ( but I hope I simple miss an existing setting to get back the discrete tooltips :slight_smile: ).

Hi everyone!

I’ve closed this topic as there’s an existing wishlist thread (linked below) about this issue, so that we can keep all responses together and importantly so votes don’t get split between the two. Feel free to continue the discussion over on that thread.

Thanks!