What do you mean with blue arrow pointer?
I set interaction mode to Legacy and there I usually get only the (far too large) tooltips while hovering controls.
Sometimes the blue “eye” icon appears when hovering something at the edge of the screen, but other than that it works.
Still, I really want the old style small tooltips back (and showing the percentages or heading value in them). The new ones are mostly covering whatever I want to toggle, so I don’t even see the current state of a switch due to the tooltip.
Disabling tooltips is not a viable option for me due to the small clickspots in some cockpits.
But I think Jayne already wrote that they’re having a look into the Legacy interaction, hope they bring it back to where it was or at least make it moddable.
In the early days I had a mod which made the tooltips 80% transparent and even smaller, so they were useful but far less distracting. I want that back.
Also check this thread which should be used for voting, to not segregate votes for having this fixed: