Buttons on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller causing multiple actions to happen at once

hello,

i am trying to configure my xbox elite series 2 controller to improve my Microsoft flight simulator experience.

the right thumbstick on my xbox controller is aileron and elevator controls. they work fine. also, when i hold down the left trigger, the right thumbstick is my “look around the cockpit” controls. this also works fine. if i dont hold down left trigger, then i can steer the jet just fine. if i hold down the left trigger, i can look around the cockpit just fine. the problem is if i hold down the left trigger and look around the cockpit, the flight control surfaces are interfering with looking around the cockpit. the problem is, if i hold down left trigger and look to the right by tilting the right thumbstick to the right, i want my guy to just look to the right. instead, what happens is my guy looks to the right AND at the same time the ailerons ROLL to the right. the problem is if i hold down left trigger and look down at the MPCD, my guy looks down in the cockpit, AND at the same time the elevators pitch the aircraft UP.

what i want to happen is when i hold down the left trigger, i want to mode switch the right thumbstick. i’m not really sure if mode switching is the right “term” for this; like what i am trying to set up is

the right thumbstick → primary flight control surfaces (ailerons and elevators)

LT+right thumbstick → DISABLE/OVERRIDE primary flight control surfaces input while holding LT down, and control the cockpit freelook camera INSTEAD of FCS input.

the issue is FCS input is not being temporarily disabled while holding down left trigger.

the issue is when i hold down left trigger and use right thumbstick to look around the cockpit, my guy also yanks the flight control surfaces around and the jet rolls all over the place and pitches all crazy.

does this make sense? like probably there is already a control option implemented that i just dont know about because i am not an expert.

what do i do? how do i edit the controller input scripts to temporarily disable pitch/roll input when i hold down LT to look around the cockpit using right thumbstick?

Boring story and digression that is related and gives context but is not important
i was making some progress in DCS world with F/A 18 hornet cold start take off landing tacan navigation and running fcs bits and basically having a really convenient way to look around the cockpit and press teeny tiny buttons and switches by zooming in and changing the camera view and etc etc etc

it is possible to play flight simulator and get the full experience using just an xbox controller in place of a mouse and keyboard to fully control a modern jet.

i set up a New controller configuration for Microsoft flight simulator. I named it “cams xbox elite series 2 controller configuration”. then i deleted all of the button bindings and assignments so that i could start from scratch. I’m doing pretty well with this, except that;

Hello, welcome to the forums! Brand-new users cannot create new topics. This is to safeguard against malicious bots and spammers.
I have moved your topic into the Tech Support forums and given it some tags for searchability.
I am also deleting your other duplicate post on the same issue.