Consistent Crash to Desktop [AMD GPU]

Well after 1 year 1 fried motherboard and constant overages from my provider from uninstall and reinstall that I have paid for having this junk of a sim I have figured out the correct AMD settings to fly this thing and not CTD. First of all update your GPU it should show a recent update 23.20.00.39 released 6/20/2023. I have a rx6600xt eagle and Im going to give you the exact settings that worked for me to fly this thing at 40fps. Follow steps exactly go to advanced control on everything minimum frequency 1676 maximum 2177 voltage 1150 vram 1754 fan 77 power limit 15% that will at least get you into the game. After your in save the settings and leave the AMD console open for advanced settings pick a flight then you tune it accordingly the max settings for me without crashing after your flying min 2152 max 2261 voltage 1150 vram 1754 fan 80 power limit 15%. MAKE SURE YOUR FLYING BEFORE CHANGING THE SETTINGS!! For the first time I flew 4 completed flights without crashing. Would I buy this sim in 2024 NEVER but there is your fix. Good Luck. Zendesk is probably a bunch of kids playing guessing games DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN GRAPHICS JUST TURN ON ANTI-LAG AND LET IT RIDE!!! BTWā€¦ The only thing in my community folder is toolbar pushback from flightsim tried to download aircraft or scenery and it crashed Buyer Beware.

Asrock z690 Extreme motherboard, 16gbs 3600mhz ram, i7-12700kf CPU, Gigabyte RX6600XT Eagle GPU, power supply 850 watts. BIOS: XMP Profile: DDR4-3000 15-17-17-36 1.35v 1 tb ssd

UPDATEā€¦ Did a flight to Australia overnight flight never crashed downloaded some planes A330 and A330-900 does not work with Toolbar fly from runway but Airforce one will work with toolbar but you have to download the update in MFS addons. NOW AGAIN USE THE SPECS IN MY FIRST POST TO GET INTO THE GAME. Then tweak the specs. My specs without crashing or freezing min 2343 max 2443. 1150 voltage, 1754 vram, Fan 85, 15% power limit ā€¦Good Luckā€¦ BTW if you want me to do a computer build hit me up on my email.

Very informative, but I wonā€™t be touching MSFS 2024. Iā€™ve moved to Xplane 12 from MSFS 2020 and I am getting 40/60 fps. Iā€™m more interested in flying the planes than looking at the scenery

This simulator is a joke. You buy it, this ā– ā– ā– ā–  doesmā€™t work properly, and they donĀ“t care.

1 Like

This issue has very simple solution (at least for me) : Install Windows 10, return Bios to default settings and activate XMP 1. There is conflict between Windows 11 and AMD drivers (even Windows is trying to install his own drivers). I have had same problem and return to Windows 10 definitely fixed CTDĀ“s . One time, I tried to update my Windows back to version 11 and run MSFS - immideate CTD after take off. IĀ“m glad that I have always backup of my system.