Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

this might be something to do with CU I which is to be revealed on the 23rd. Maybe the servers are running a different version to the version we are running? Some individuals got an update for world update VI (including me on xbox) which was a 3.34 GB update.This update was first seen on August 19th, the day this forum post was created.

People without this installed also experience the crashes, it doesnt seem like its the culprit

Just jinxed it - brilliant. CTD - Live Wx Off, No GSX

turned off via the data menu, or just selected a preset?

Maybe, just seems like a big coincidence to me

Did you set it to off before the flight started in both the data menu and in the weather options out of curiosity?

Read my post above it might help you :wink:

Decided to try out the PMDG 737 seeing as my previous two crashes in regards of ntdl.dll were in the fenix. Got to 4000ft ready to continue the descent for Athens and boom, CTD. This time it doesn’t actually mention ntdll.dll:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000021428c0
Faulting process ID: 0x4164
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b55a659300b2
Faulting application path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 1232a3b6-31a0-4429-9642-5844e2b65c71
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

yep - was kinda hoping that would be a potential solution but now I’m certain it is nothing to do with GSX

It’s all very random. I don’t think testing all these scenarios is helping. There is something deeply wrong and it’s nothing to do with settings, system specs or any hardware or any extra mods or background software.

If you think you’ve fixed it, you haven’t. It will eventually go again.

CU could have been Core Update and it’s messed something up big time.

I wanted to try turning Live Weather off, but apparently it’s worthless. We have to wait for a statement from Asoba.

that’ll be a while - they seem frequently slow to react

Did two flights with fenix both ended in CTDs one straight after takeoff the other about an hour into the flight. Both with live weather on. Both ntdll.dll related with same error code.

considering the widespread of this issue, and the fact the post is already marked as logged i think they are working on it as we speak

2 Likes

For me it’s working two flights 3 hours each no problem with weather OFF.

Same for me.

Windows 10 HF2
RTX 3080TI
32GB Ram

Live Weather was on
Traffic was off

Steam Version

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.26.5.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1889, Zeitstempel: 0xe9ede6d6
Ausnahmecode: 0x80000003
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000cd662
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2154
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8b522c0a24d5a
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: d781a66a-0950-41eb-be03-3e97cc159875
VollstÀndiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Currently had 5 CTDs today and 3 CTD yesterday. Had GSX installed yesterday but uninstalled as thought was just a GSX issue. Today without GSX installed had 5 CTDs. Cause of some of these came up with “memory cant be written” and some with no errors at all. All have happened at random some minutes into a flight some hours into the flight. Just going to wait for Asbo now to hopefully rectify the problem.

First CTD in months happened 6 minutes after departure from EGKK. Event viewer shows ntdll.dll.

Addons at the time Fenix, GSX, and scenery for EGKK., Live weather. EU server?

Uninstalled GSX and used my helicopter addon preset on the addon linker. This is a much smaller community folder. Flew around for just under 2 hours and had no CTD this was around London.

16gb of ram, 3070ti (latest drivers 516.94), i7 12700k. Win 10

what server are you on? try the north europe server. Had no ctd’s there today

Somethings deeply wrong now had another CTD on short final into Lampedusa. Was thinking it maybe FS2crew or ATC Pro as it started when I was using these two utilities but after hearing everyone this is something Asobo will have to look into and fix ASAP. The sim is now unplayable for the foreseeable future. Theres nothing more rage inducing then ctd on short final luckily it wasn’t a long flight.