Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

This is odd but I too am having CTDs now almost every flight over the last couple of days too. Same as others, ntdll.dll and 0xo0000374. Its really irritating! Even in safe mode it crashes. Public Build SU9 on PC, W11 Nvidia GC RTX3080 with I9 9900K CPU.

I have even tried new Community Folder, no peripherals, just keyboard & mouse and AI pilot flying and still it crashes. Its now unusable for me.

3 Likes

Same here, almost nothing changed, and yet, since yesterday, I have CTD every time I try to fly.

1 Like

Same for me. Last week I had 8 BSODs on a two day weekend. I solved them by rolling back my NVIDIA drivers to 516.59.

Now, this weekend I did 2 flights so far and had 3 CTDs 
 Something weird is going on.

Finally! I’m so glad you started this post. Been having similar CTDs for the last couple of days (starting on the 14th, I believe). Before that the game had been running smooth for two years. I haven’t changed any hardware, the CTDs just appeared from one day to the next. Running the game on Win10, SU9, current Nvidia drivers. Admittedly I’m running a lot of addons via MSFS Addons Linker. I’m also playing with a lot of programs in the background - Little Navmap, NeoFly, AAO, FS Hudbar, FSRealistic, Simple Traffic, Pushback. Controller-wise I have my Logitech throttle and quadrants plugged in as well as a Behringer Xtouch and head tracking via iPhone. But none of these are new and the whole setup had been running without problems up to now.

At first I encountered constant CTDs as soon as I hit the „Fly“ button - but after removing all the addons (renamed community folder) and deleting content.xml and restarting in safe mode I got the game to start flights again. Now I have random CTDs, so can never know whether I can finish a flight or not. When I don’t have a crash, I’m encountering stutters which seem to be related to terrain loading or sth like that. They are a new “experience“ as well. Don’t know, whether they are a “light“ form of CTD?

So, long story short - is there something we all have in common? Or is it sth based on Microsoft’s side?

3 Likes

Is this all happening in the public build - SU9?
Also indicate if PC or Console.

2 Likes

Yea, official SU9, never touched a beta build at all. Running on PC/Win10.

1 Like

In your Windows 10 event viewer, are you seeing any errors from MSFS with ntdll?

Makes Me wonder. I am in SU9 and I have had two CTD in the last two days, the first ones in months

I was blaming GSX (many other people are reporting CTD since installing GSX) but who knows

I see there is an Nvidia driver update, but I have not installed it

FlightSimulator.exe
ntdll.dll
b998b765
c0000374
000000000010c729
36dc
01d8b4a0bec13537
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
8595d5b2-22d3-4a7f-b31e-fc5f1e376918
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

1 Like

I also run SU9 and I am getting ntdll related CTDs. I am running MFS on PC

Are you also using an nVidia GPU?

yes SU9 public build 1.26.5.0, on PC

EDIT: Same as others, ntdll.dll, nVidia and started the crashfest of CTDs yesterday. One of them with “memory could not written”

1 Like

Yes, had to roll back to 516.59 drivers because a NVIDIA driver update last week resulted in BSOD. I am using the GTX1070 card

1 Like

Same here. ntdll.dll.

I was away all of last week so didn’t use MSFS but since I tried to play again yesterday and today it’s doing this. Or the xc000005 error.

When I try to use command prompt to reinstall it, it says it can’t find it.

Not beta, Steam version. Nvidia RTX2070.

1 Like

Mine is also the Nvidia RTX2070.

FlightSimulator.exe
CoherentGTCore.dll
621cebbb
c0000005
000000000078cd50
2fec
01d8b3b6677e91a6
C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\CoherentGTCore.dll
6a9d4c91-7867-4964-973a-b68cc325c58d

In other cases it was not CoherentGTCore.dll but FlightSimulator.exe but still with c0000005.

Had 2 CTDs in half an hour (despide the sim worked nice in the past months).

No events on the event viewer
 what the guys broke this time?!

Are you guys having “memory could not be read” CTDs? Or something else? I keep getting the CTDs all the time now.

No, the game just quits without any message at all. Only a look at windows events shows a message for me.

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on but I’ve collected feedback from the forum and discord and will escalate it for investigation as this is all of the sudden. I don’t think it’s a fault on us end users but rather it may be data from the servers.

9 Likes