Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

118 votes and 450 replies in 24h means that the issue is quite widespread. Look at the other topic about bugs.

8 Likes

Right now it is impossible for me to start MSFS SU10 127.16. Always CTD during half of the loading screen.

First time it was the memory error, now, it is without any error window.

I disabled all addons in the community folder

Got now 10 CTDS in a row and give up for today

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.27.16.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.27.16.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000013c82d6
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2d5c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8b57cc01ece22
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Berichtskennung: 619ada0f-6ce6-4186-946b-3ccc68c66421
VollstƤndiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

I dont want to sound confrontational, I want to help find solutions, but currently this topic is getting a reply per minute, I suppose thatā€™s not enough? It is a serious issue that suddenly popped up out of nowhere, and this does not take into consideration the many many people not in the forum.

2 Likes

Same here. Almost no problems since launch (the odd crash once every month or two) now suddenly crashing about 4-5 times the last couple days, today with the same error message as others.

Happy 2 year anniversaryā€¦

1 Like

this is great to know, thanks! hopefully a fix can be made soon.

Iā€™ve not had a CTD in a long long time but since Friday evening, Iā€™ve also been getting CTDs. It seems to be random but generally appearing towards the end of a flight (at least for me). I have few friends who also experience the same issue. Hope there will be a fix for this soon.

sorry for the outburst. I also canā€™t fly with fs2020 anymore. crash to desktop.

Nome dellā€™applicazione che ha generato lā€™errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.26.5.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Nome del modulo che ha generato lā€™errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.26.5.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x00000000021428c0
ID processo che ha generato lā€™errore: 0x29b4
Ora di avvio dellā€™applicazione che ha generato lā€™errore: 0x01d8b55725365112
Percorso dellā€™applicazione che ha generato lā€™errore: E:\Game\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato lā€™errore: E:\Game\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
ID segnalazione: 16b81248-a5b5-4baf-912d-b90c5642623f
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato lā€™errore:
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato lā€™errore:

1 Like

For what it is worth: I havent experienced any CTD this weekend with quite some hours flying, with live weather.

So it indeed seems not to affect all usersā€¦which makes it probably even more difficult to trace down.

2 Likes

those who just want a flight with no issues, try switching online services off as @BritishAvgk has suggested

Have to make sacrifices but at least with static weather, offline scenery etc people seem to be having better results. vatsim still works it seems

2 Likes

It has been happening to everyone i know, not everyone goes to the forums. This thread by itself speaks for how widespread the issue is.

2 Likes

The thing is its quite random even for those of us who are having problems. Yesterday I let the AI pilot (gawd help me) fly from and to the airports I experienced at least two CTDs doing myself and it was fine. Same flight, same weather, exactly the same route and conditions. And this was in safe mode by the way, the same mode that CTD for me when I made the flight manually. Today I flew with all my addons enabled but some live services disabled and it too was fine.

My Sim crashes because of the ntdll.dll also :frowning:

It is getting unusually a lot of votes and comments for being up 1 day. Rarely do i ever see a thread get this much activity, it clearly indicates how many people are having this issue, even across sim versions.

3 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Flight Simulator crashes on approach to Split Airport
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.16.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1806, timestamp: 0x1000a5b9
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Error offset: 0x00000000000ff609
Faulting process ID: 0x2378
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b53ea851f2db
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: c527ab98-d86f-4f8c-83ad-767345fd7c5a
Faulting Package Full Name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application ID relative to the faulting package: App

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM 32,0 GB
Nvidia RTX2080Ti

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Are you using DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

no

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Indeed, something is wrong - this CTD is different than the usual one with the sound lag, just unexpected ctd. Waiting for the investigation.

1 Like

yep, randomā€¦ but It seems there is a pattern for affected users . As I here mentioned: when I restart the same route, I come each time a bit far away. That might mean that I each time I start the flight I fill up my cache a bit more till it crashs again.

Thus,ā€¦ if you have a route which crashs for you, you can may be test that :slight_smile:

Getting down to basics, when a client requests, for example, the latest live weather data, iā€™m assuming that there is more than a single server computer that might respond and that which one is asked to respond will be based on some networking logic?

Letā€™s say there are 100 of these weather servers and one or two of them has a problem. Might that explain why the whole user-base isnā€™t getting the issueā€¦ yet at least?

Absolutely, itā€™s clear itā€™s widespread for some users. However, my point, and I think SeedyL was also alluding to this, is that this is still a small subset of users reporting the issue. I donā€™t know how many users use MSFS concurrently, but I would imagine itā€™s in the thousands.

This isnā€™t to diminish what people are experiencing, so please donā€™t take it that way.

3 Likes

To add more info on this strange CTDs, just before MSFS closes sounds disappeare. Never had something before and given I made ZERO changes to my hardware or my software, something happened server side. Itā€™s evident.

1 Like

Yes I did so, same route (From ENGM to EKCH) crashed twice, both with add-ons working and in safe mode with no add-ons. The AI pilot did the same flight in safe mode (I did this so my peripheral controls could also be left switched off) and the flight was fine.

1 Like