Continuous "Go around" with live traffic

There doesn’t seem to be a workaround for this. I just stopped caring about AI aircraft when I’m landing.

1 Like

I have a similar issue but with live traffic and ATC switched off. F.e. when attempt to land with an Airbus 320 and approaching runway very close by I get very last-minute a ‘go-around’ situation and the plane starts to speed up in TOGA mode. Basically there is no way to ignore the go around. I’m interested to know if the go around can be ignored and keep the speed of the plane low.

Now I’m well aware I’m a bit mediocre with landing but getting punished with an all around with each landing is rather harsh. Is there a way to adjust the game settings so I can ignore the go around and make a descent landing in one attempt? During landing I have CL and autothrust on but AP off. Similar issue with the Boeing 747. Huge fan of MSFS but this is getting frustrating.

I wish we had more atc options to get around this like declare emergency and a create vip
Flight plan option to give you vip treatment I ran into this coming down into Frankfurt gave an ai a380 landing clearance on 27 Center however we had no problems taxing to gate b24

If you disable Landing Assist (or whatever it’s called) then you can land just fine, regardless of the situation. I also remember having this problem but since I don’t use any assists for landing, I can decide myself what to do. Nowadays I just don’t care. :sweat_smile: May not be realistic but the AI traffic behaviour isn’t either.

For me about 9 times out of 10 this bug is due to traffic being super slow to leave the runway I’m landing at sometimes way at the far end and difficult to see. Some seem stuck there others are just not fully on the taxiway. The ATC keeps telling them to exit, then when they don’t comply fast enough ATC issues the go around.

1 Like

I never go around. I ignore ATC, especially when I can see a clear runway. ATC then tells me to “clear the runway.” I ignore that too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely. And this is why I don’t care about it anymore, I just land. The AI aircraft takes an eternity to get down from the runway. Also, there’s no collision between planes so big deal. :man_shrugging: It does break the immersion somewhat but I mainly play for the feeling of travel, and the enjoyment of take-offs and landings. Adhering to traffic protocols while I play solo is not my absolute priority, especially when I know it’s glitchy.

1 Like

I’m not big into go arounds either (ATC would have you do them all night) I’ve yet to find a sensible go around procedure from ATC too, I usually end up having to find my own way back onto the original approach irrespective of what they tell me to do.
Just a few moments ago I had another go-around request from ATC on final into EGPF R23 with another ‘live traffic’ flight landed ahead of me and took a while to leave the runway. I just set my auto brakes to Med, did reverse thrusters on landing and we shared the runway. They then jammed up my taxiway #slowtraffic :rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say never. Even though they’re not even thinking about rewriting the ATC. I believe they could get to it when some of the other requests are completed. I think it may take a few years for them to get on with it, but there are already solutions out there that we can be satisfied with (at least for PC users they can).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.