Controlling GPU Temperature - Checklist of Things To Do on GPU Settings, PC Case Modification?

Before you place large radial fans in front of your open PCs…did you already try to limit the frame rate to something like 10% below the average FPS you get while playing with unlimited FPS? :smirk:

2 Likes

While figuring out your issue, try removing the side of the case. It should fix your problem in the mean-time(as long as you don’t have a cat).
Adding fans will help if the case is designed well. Just make sure the air flow is correct and that the fans aren’t pushing against each other. If your Case handles it you could also install an AIO cpu cooler that will remove even more heat.

Another thing to verify is whether the case has a vent on the bottom. If so, make sure it is raised enough to breathe, especially if on a carpet.
Good Luck.

1 Like

Frowns on your shenanigans:
Thank You For Calling Tiny Kitten Repair

2 Likes

Several people, including me, have suggested that, yes. :smirk:

I dont think theres a prob running the gpu hot. 24x7 bitcoin miners run…24x7. I run gfx intensive games maybe 2-4 hours every second day on average. thats 1/10 of a 24/7 bitcoin miner so i assume my card will work for the forseeable future. Just something to take in account.

Well, it depends how hot; lots will throttle down if temp gets too high so you’ll loose performance if you don’t have decent cooling.

This is the case I just upgraded to. I have 3 fans in the front pulling cool air in. Now my gpu never goes over 80c

2 Likes

Another thing you could try if you are feeling up to it is tearing your video card apart, removing the cooler and re pasting everything. If it is running hotter than it should very often this is the issue. A lot of cards come with less than stellar thermal pasting jobs on them.

1 Like

My temps dropped over 10 degrees C by removing the case side panel by itself.

for laptop users, one of those cooling pads will likely make a difference particulary the gpu temps. at least thats my experience with a p52.

Removing the side panel might effect your VRM’s. Especially if you don’t use an air cooler for you cpu that moves air around over them. I really wouldn’t be worried unless you were pushing them to their limits though. LIke using a more high end cpu, overclocked on a cheaper motherboard with poor vrm’s.

Many people run test bech set up that don’t even have cases with no issues. Sometimes wiht extreme overclocking they will point a fan at these parts to help keep them cool. I have never had an issue with it though especially when not messing with overclocks.

1 Like

I have a 1080 ti and added an AIO to it (mounted on an NZXT Kraken G12 bracket), spent $100. Idle sits at 27c while full load it never goes above 49c, even if playing for hours.