CPU issues

My CPU is a ryzen 5 3400g. I’ve used the developer mode to check the FPS and before the update both my cpu and gpu numbers were around 25-30 at Heathrow with FPS of around 20-25. Since the update the number by the GPU is now 1-2 which is great but the CPU number is 40-45 which obviously isn’t great. I thought this update was meant to improve the CPU mainly. Just wondering if anything I’ve not done right

Basically they have improved the main thread performance by shifting some of the load over to other threads, due to this, your CPU cores are being utilised more, freeing up the main thread to give the GPU its work load, and thus you get a higher frame rate, more fps = more CPU usage, its that simple :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong, id be more concerned if it was not using my hardware :wink:

Annoyingly my cpu is now a bigger problem and limiting my frame rates than before the update. Could it be a settings thing?

Has your frame rate increased about Heathrow? — basically you will always be limited by something, GPU or CPU or IO, something will limit it, if you are getting more frames now then all is good and move on with life :slight_smile:

No I’m getting less. Before both my gpu and cpu kinda limited my FPS. But not the gpu is fine but the cpu is really limiting it more than before

Try this method perhaps? It helped my CPU Bottleneck before the SU5. Maybe it still relevant now.

Screenshots from the fps counter and task manager may help users to assist further.

I don’t know which GPU and graphics settings you use, but for me personally it looks ok.
You are still getting 20-25 fps at a busy airport with the A320.
If you look at the task manager, how does the utilization and speeds look?
Your CPU should do 3.7-4.2Ghz.
If this is the case, and your GPU still has performance headroom, you could reduce some very CPU demanding settings. I think traffic settings like vehicle density and glass cockpit refreshrate are mainly CPU bound. This Guide goes through some graphic settings: [HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide (3/16/2021)
Most important is that you get the same or more FPS or a smoother gameplay experience. If this has not deteriorated with this SU5 update, then I don’t think you have to worry about anything.
Users like @Neo4316 have reported, playing with virtualization may lead to better results, but this is not certain.