CTD, but only when in World Maps

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Flies perfect in all preset missions, bush trips etc. Go into World Maps, load flight, then click ‘Fly Now’, a couple of stutters, then CTD.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

It happens every time without fail. Just when trying to start a flight from World Maps.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1695930952684268082, type 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Build X

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes

Tried disabling/enabling Vsync, MP, Live traffic, live weather, FSUIPC, Better Bravo Lights, and the community folder. Also switched between Dx12 and DX 11. Hardware is Geforce RTX 2060, 32G RAM, M.2 and SSD drive, AMD Ryzen 5.

1 Like

Yes

tried with both DLSS disabled and enabled. Community folder empty, FBW and Volanta uninstalled, PC specs: Ryzen 9 5950x, Geforce RTX 3070 8Gb Laptop GPU, 32Gb RAM, 1 TB ssd. Still Crashes when I click Ready to fly. every time. Especially after SU10

1 Like

Hope to get feedback from those who got this solved or MSFS team. I want to go back to the skies!

1 Like

Yes

I have made all possible to restore MFS to as vanilla as possible. Tutorial is all fine, but taking a flight in world map crashes when I press ‘Ready to Fly’. It doesn’t matter which airport to start, if external devices are connected, graph settings, nothing. It just crashes. I already deleted rolling cache, have restored the game to default etc. I deinstalled it and deleted everything, I’ll download the 120gb whatever again.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID:

2 Likes

Yes

Enable DLSS after applying S10 Update. Occurs even after reverting from DLSS to TSA. Ryzen 5 5600X / GeForce RTX 3060 / GeForce Driver 516.90 / Windows 10 21H2

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID:

1695930952684268082 Type 4

1 Like

OS Language: Japanese
MSFS Language Setting: Japanese

1 Like

got an answer in another page. CTD in World Map!? - #22 by PhoenixHahn

I was able to make it work by following the instructions, but I can’t recover the log files anymore. Here’s the warning message from FS FAQ:

Warning: Deleting the cloud save will wipe your logbook permanently. You will not lose the achievements already unlocked on this profile but progression towards achievements and the logbook information cannot be recovered.

1 Like

Update - Restarted FS and it’s CTD again.

1 Like

Mine is working again now after following the link that PhoenixHahn posted. One thing I noted though, is that there were 2 Steam ID’s which contained the folder that needed deleting, so check that too if you decide to try this. After restarting the game, I had to redo all my controller bindings and graphics settings etc. Then a Steam window popped up asking which save to use, the local one, or the Steam cloud one… I chose the local one.

2 Likes

Got mine to work also, finally! I missed out the AFC drivers and the Air Manager. Disabled steam sync, deleted inputprofile_XXX, restarted and enabled steam sync.

1 Like

That’s good to hear @Sm0kiNj0eBL0W & @Dargelis3433 .
Happy flying!

1 Like

I was able to solve it successfully in my environment.

1. Delete everything except kh_logbook from (SteamPath)\userdata(SteamID)\1250410\remote.

2. Start MSFS and redo the displayed initial settings (the logbook will remain).

3. Delete all settings such as keyboard, mouse, pad, etc. from the setting screen after starting MSFS.

thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Sad to say CTD is back again after remapping my controllers. I have Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Thrustmaster T.1600M and T-Rudder, and Thrustmaster Hotas 4. Kept Steam sync off this time. It may be something about MSFS not being able to read what it writes. Will update once I have trace results.

1 Like

Hope you’ll get around it soon!

1 Like

I am constantly and consistently experiencing this. Haven’t found a workaround. I can do exploration or bush trips, even start mid-air in world, but not start from airport, landing works fine. I have not had problems with earlier versions of FS. I have even reinstalled MSFS, but same problems.

HI! I have the exact same problem and tried dozens of tricks and installations, none of them worked. But I found a solution. Instead of taking one of the pre-programmed airports, just past into the search field, on the left, the coordinates from where you want to start. To find them, go in Google Maps and type, for example, «Airport Montreal Trudeau». Copy and paste the coordinates. It works without any problem, and more thant that, you know have an infinite choice of places where to fly from.

2 Likes

nice one. Happy flying mate!