CTD's Fixed?

Not sure if they fixed it or not but all the sudden I’m not getting any CTD’s. Flew 4 flights last night, in 172, TBM and Longitude and NO CTD. Anyone else notice this?

I get a couple a day, but mine are not due to the sim, it’s the botched AMD drivers for my RX5700XT that are the issue…

Just a thought, I have the same Card, I Auto-Undervolted using AMD software and disabled Freesync on my monitors, no CTD since at all, silky smooth. Could help!

1 Like

Thanks, i’ll give this a try…

1 Like

I had a downtown LA scenery package loaded, and when I flew from St. Louis to LA in the Longitude, I’d get a CTD just outside of Bakersfield 1/5 times. I removed the scenery package and that reduced the number. After this patch, I added it back in, and I’m happy to say that I have had none since (probably eight flights or so).

One thing I noticed was that when the screen froze in the past for more than a second or so, it was a telltale sign that a CTD was coming. I have seen those same freezes, but no CTDs. So far so good, for me anyway.

That sound you hear is me knocking wood.

3 Likes

Tried the undervolting as you suggested and i completed one 2hr flight so far, all good.

Thanks.

1 Like

That last patch was to update nav data to the latest cycle. It didn’t actually fix anything in the game.

awesome! fingers crossed! I’ve been 3 weeks without a CTD or anything since I did that, and no impact to performance either. I run a Ultra/High End blend of settings at 1440p ultrawide and average 60 FPS. Some dips in busy airports but it’s all working really well!

1 Like

All - I have ASUS ROG Laptop, (feb 2020), and ASUS updated their Armoury Crate software and one facet of it us something called “Auto Connect Helper”, and it periodically freezes the system when it does it’s thing. I reduced the priority of it in services to see if this takes it out of the stuttering I have experienced. I will advise. But your hardware PC side might have some other little thing which is a resource hog and causing stuttering. How I found it was opening the game, and then task manager to see what is running with high priority. That was almost at the top of the list. I used to just end task on it, but it must assist in real time communications or something. It’s a new feature with the latest update. Wish these companies would test their updates prior to release.