DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

I’ve seen that once (and no, it’s not the DA40 mod). It happened after I had loaded the fifth (or so) new flight without FS restarts in between. Much the same as X-Plane it’s recommended that you restart the sim when you want to change aircraft etc.

The one time I experienced it in the SR22, it was at the end of a freshly-loaded flight. I had just loaded MSFS prior to beginning the flight. So, I can’t ascribe it to an abnormal sim state after multiple flights.

@MrTommymxr I didn’t think to try restarting the engine and shutting it down again. If I ever see it happen again, I’ll try it.

As per the development update today, Asobo is having “very fruitful conversations with Working Title and are also in contact with Fly By Wire and several other teams that are pushing hard to enhance several of the launch planes”. Is your project one of them? If not, would you be willing to work with them (if so I think we should push them to do so!)?

nope, not in contract with them

Hey Tommy, thanks to this very welcome overhaul, I discovered this mod by accident while consulting the rpm issue with the default aircraft.

So now (sorry for my ignorance) I’m kind confused with the 2 versions. If the real airplane has only one throttle/power lever, why would I want the manual override on the propeller or mixture, any performance issues? For the default operation should I use the voter switch to A right? This is a legit question, I’m not doubting on you or the project itself, I´ve read the manual but couldn’t get to a conclusion, maybe because english isn’t my native language.

power changes with changing atmospheric conditions (temperature, pressure) eg. during climb and descent.

the mixture axis sets the power target and the simple code i have sets the throttle to achieve the desired target

1 Like

is mod compatible with the latest patch from Asobo ? anyway thanks for such amazing mod

no idea lol.
not home atm. i will take a look later today

2 Likes

Changes

• Improved PIDs for sim update
  • Added an “RPM flatspot” between 91 and 93% load for QOL
  • Added back 2° of trim
  • Fuel transfer rate set to a more realistic rate (1 gal/min)
4 Likes

many thanks for the update mate

Hello! I have this problem with the PFD… it looks like there’s a texture missing or something like that (i’m not an expert tbh). Is there a way to fix it? I think it started happening after the last update… I tried to fix it by uninstalling the mod, uninstalling the original airplane from content manager, uninstalling working title g1000… but nothing seems to work.

Could someone help me? I would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

nothing i can do about that :confused:

but is it just me?

Not juts you.

Happens in normal mode and VR mode, fwiw.

That happened to me when I run the game after update without updating any of the mods. It seems to be fixed after updating all the mods.

When I click the heading bug it doesn’t track the current heading as it should, don’t know if it’s something to do with the plane or garmin mod

does anyone have a copy of the whole aircraft folder?

perhaps i could add the old 3D models back into the mod to fix the broken PDF and trim wheel

EDIT

got the old files. will see if i can simply use the old cockpit.

I tried to fix it by updating the mods, and even uninstalling all of them except the DA40 but nothing seems to work.

my mod doesn’t change the model. its the same file

same with me with stock c208, and I dont have anything in community folder