DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

For what i know, this crash occurs when the database isnt loaded in, or if you have navigraph

Hello I am facing a problem with the PFD being the map screen and the MFD is the main screen with all of the instrument, and I am not sure how to switch the screens. Any help will be appreciated thank you.

I think the latest version of the mod should fix the swapped screens. Make sure you have 0.6.4.2. Asobo
changed some things with the stock aircraft which required corresponding updates to the mod.

Edit: I was thinking of the DA62. I checked both the stock DA40 and this mod and the screens were on the correct sides.

the screens on the 40 were swapped aswell?

Iā€™m sorry, I was thinking of the DA62 (edited my prior post as well)

I went and tried the stock DA40NG as well as the NGX mod, all was fine for me.

Hi.
I have a problem climbing with the DA40ngx. It isnā€™t possible to climb above 3500ft. The moment Iā€˜ve reached 3600ft the nose goes down and drops down to 3000ft. I had no imbalance and werenā€™t to heavy. Has anybody the same issue or am I doing something wrong ?

This doesnā€™t appear to be a common problem with the NGX, and I was able to climb to 14000ft without issue. Try removing other mods from your community folder, leaving just the NGX and the G1000 mods, and see if this improves things.

The DA40 is no rocketship and climbs slowly. At maximum takeoff weight, the POH lists climb rate at 650fpm initially then reducing to you 625fpm as you pass 10000ft. At the default MSFS weight of 50% fuel and 2 people the POH lists the initial climb rate of 830fpm dropping to 805fpm at 10000ft.

My experience is tha the NGX climbs slightly better at lower altitudes than the POH and climbs slightly slower at higher altitudes than the POH values. But the NGX can still climb to 14000ft at maximum takeoff weight.

If using the autopilot, try FLC mode with a climb speed of 90kts (the Diamond POH recommends a 88kt climb) and a set altitude of 14000ft. WIth the NGX this should net you about 850fpm climb initially using 92% power at the MSFS default weight of 50% fuel and pilot and passenger on board. The climb rate should decrease slowly as you climb. At about 13700ft the autopilot should switch from FLC mode to ALT mode and the aircraft start to level off. The aircraft should then accelerate to cruise at 120 KIAS (150 KTAS). Note that as you approach 14000ft the FADEC might reduce engine power slightly depending on the prevailing weather conditions. Mine reduced to 85% power at 14000ft with an outside temp of -7c.

2 Likes

As said above itā€˜s always a good idea to have only the airplane you want to fly in the community folder. For example the autopilot and flight director of the DA40 completely refused the cooperation when I had the ported Grumman Goose in the folder too. :man_shrugging:t2:

This folder will cause us many problems when the number of addons starts to increase.

yeah the autopilot is really, really weird.

im looking into it

1 Like

Heyo! Big update for you DA40 lovers. Enjoy

Changes

• Fixed heading Bug bug!!!
  • FADEC added with combustion extinction (no active on the ground)
  • Max RPM limited to 2100 rpm under -10Ā°C (as per books)
  • CAS messages: High oil pressure, Coolant level, Altitude and Vertical speed
  • Added fuel heating
  • Engine indications only stop after the engine has stopped turning
  • Fuel quantity 20.5 gal with 1 Gal unusable
  • Lowest Fuel temp -25Ā°C, not -30 (DA62 is -30)
  • Removed fuel totaliser softkeys to avoid confusion
  • Fuel totaliser behaves like an actual fuel totaliser. Turn the plane off to reset it (no softkeys to do so sadly :frowning_face: )
  • Improved Autopitlot PIDs
  • Added .FLT files for you in air spawners
  • Removed BilingualHarp7ā€™s liviers. You can find the updated livires on his page (link in Readme)

Flightmodel

• A sh!t ton of changes to the flightmodel. Lower Attitudes, correct climb performance etc etc
  • Changed sitting attitude 1-1.5Ā° nose up (rear wheels clip through the ground slightly)
  • Restored ground effect
  • Increased prop drag
13 Likes

Awesome update, thanks! I hope that Asobo will implement this mod in the official release someday.

1 Like

Oh they are watching. I can tell

5 Likes

:joy:

Thatā€™s quite funny.

If I flew this in real life Iā€™d be screwed, for countless times I emptied the right tank by forgetting the fuel transfer on. Should exist a loud buzz on the real aircraft when the tanks get balanced or a simple timer.

you can start a timer on the g1000

1 Like

Does the logbook work for you guys?

I removed the ā€œDA40NGXā€ from the name, yet it still shows up at ā€œNGXā€

In my logbook it says NGX

weird :confused:

I still see it (NGX) in the locPak files.

edit:
I wonder if that is needed or else you would mess up the ASOBO DA40.

edit2:
Maybe itā€™s ok as the manifest.json has a separate creator and the LocPak is for the UI part of the sim.

The ā€œMax demonstratedā€ is exactly as pointed out something that was proven by a qualified test pilot ā€¦ he basically did not wad-up the aircraft in a landing or two in these conditions, but if he had he would not have had to call an insurance underwriter to explain what happened either :slight_smile:
In our Archer and Saratoga I regularly flew in direct x-winds in excess of the POH 17kts. Because we did have lots of days with that sort of wind and you get better with practiceā€¦as long as you donā€™t bite off more than you can chew and always have an alternative.
The Archer I could relatively comfortably land with 35-37 kts and then get her to the hangar without problems.
The Saratoga with a longer fuselage and bigger vertical tail was no problem landing in the same winds but then turned into a real pain in the ā– ā– ā–  to taxi since she constantly would try to weather-vane the nose into the wind.
The shape of the DA40 may indeed make that part easier despite the castoring nose wheel. In any case you are definitely dancing on the pedals almost as if it was a tail-dragger :smiley:

that was it, im a dumb dumb. forgot that i changed it there