DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

In SU5 they change the way to control G1000 knob. You need to click and hold the knob then turn the wheel to zoom in and out. Need to familiar with new control.

However, if you really need the old way, there is an option ‘legacy mode’

For me the da40 won’t start at all, engine turns over but never catches

Does anybody else have the problem? Da62 works except the fuel selector

4 Likes

Currently the avionics master cannot be controlled with a keybinding/controller binding. Same on the DA62 mod. Works fine without the mod, so I’m guessing the new update broke something with this.

My trim was reversed as well (all planes). Just set it correctly in the controller options.

Concerning the new way of interacting with buttons: if it does not work, try to set your mouse profile in the controller options back to default. Or use the “legacy” interaction mode.

4 Likes

Also having this issue, though CTRL+E will start it.

2 Likes

I can confirm that I am having this issue as well. Another thing I noticed was that the fuel selector doesn’t move. You can click on it but it doesn’t move. I tested the unmodded one, and the fuel selector does move. If I had to guess it was the malfunctioning fuel system that is preventing it from starting, but it’s only a guess.

The fuel selector no longer moves because Asobo switched the data type of fuel selections from an integer to an enum (?). I fixed this by copying over the fuel selector definition from the default DA40 in SU5 into this mod. To apply this fix, replace <packages>\Community\DA40-NGX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA40_NG\model\DA40_cockpit.xml with the downloaded file from the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SF0wXRAlNuOm-fUPo6JxpcdD9WOS09Ym/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if this breaks anything.

1 Like

Okay so great news, it works! The fuel selector now moves again, and functions as expected, although bizarrely the sound of it moving is absent.

Some other issues I discovered were that the ELT switch, the cabin heat, and defrost levers are no longer clickable, and when clicking on the vents to toggle the visibility of the co-pilot model, the co-pilot does not appear while the pilot one does. I believe these to be unrelated to McBroadwell’s fix. Aside from the pilot models, those features are working in the default, unmodified DA-40NG.

Okay so just to compile all of the issues I’ve found with the DA-40NGX in SU5.

• Fuel selector non-functional, as a result, the engine does not start.
    Workaround: McBroadwell’s XML Fix (although the knob’s sound is gone) OR using Ctrl+E to autostart.

• Rotating the trim wheel towards nose down moves the trim indicator line towards nose up, and vice versa.
    Workaround: This is actually purely cosmetic, trim controls still work normally, they just indicate the opposite.

• Avionic Master switch is in the on position by default.

• Defrost and Cabin Heat levers are not clickable (actually not sure if this is intentional for this mod)

• Toggle Co-Pilot vent clickspot is still clickable, but does not work.

FYI for anyone wondering, the dev has stated he is busy right now with life but will look at all this on Saturday.

3 Likes

My G1000 show “Altitude Fail” in red constantly for whatever reason.

And on external view, the airspeed indicator is a radial dial instead of the vertical bars. For whatever reason, the radial dial post SU5 has messed up numbers that are bunched together for me in 4K.

Hotfix for Asobo’s, “improvements”

13 Likes
5 Likes

I can’t seem to start the engine after SU5. Has anyone else had this issue?

Hello @MrTommymxr,

I am a big fan of your work on the DA40 and the DA62 and wanted to ask how much work would it be to apply your modification of the DA40NG to the DA40 TDI? I understand that it is a deluxe edition aircraft and is therefore encrypted, but I have heard of other deluxe and premium deluxe aircraft being modified by the community so I figured I’d ask what might be involved in that. I’d be up for doing it myself if I can.

Thanks!

I already tried myself. I tried with darkfire (creator of the longitude mod) with no success.

Supposedly asobo will make modding these planes possible and official in the future.

We’ll see

1 Like

I see. Here’s hoping they unlock those files soon! Thanks again!

Why does the engine load and rpm flash in amber when setting full power for takeoff? doesn’t happen in real aircraft

i mean, i can keep the it white if you like, if thats more realistic for you

Hello, yes that is the correct behaviour of the aircraft. It does not go amber at 100% takeoff power