DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

I noticed a few of the “cockpit tooltips” on the g1000 are labelled incorrectly. I reported this to the g1000 mod developers but they say this is part of the cockpit model not the g1000.

On the audio panel “MAN SQ” says “MANUAL SEQUENCE” should say “MANUAL SQUELCH”. PILOT says “PILOTE ISLOATION” should say “PILOT ISOLATION”. COPLT says “COPILOTE ISOLATION” should say “COLPILOT ISOLATION”. And also on the autopilot panel the NOSE UP and NOSE DOWN buttons both just say “VERTICAL SPEED” when they should list “NOSE UP” and “NOSE DOWN” respectively.

Can these be fixed for this DA40?

Ah, a little goof from my end.
I dont show the “fuel slosh” (need a better name) below 14gal(useable). Obviously i need to do this check on both tanks.

My goof: The right tank will only show the sloshing when the left tank is below 14gal…

Its not really that big of a bug, it will be fixed next version

3 Likes

The mod uses a different (older) 3D model than the default aircraft. This is for the pilot and copilot (and other stuff)
@mixMugz added the pilot and copilot into those

We would need to update the model eventually. imo, not a priority, the buttons work.

Can you explain how the fuel slosh manifests itself – i.e. what would the observable effects be, and what would trigger the “sloshing”?

For long range tanks (And assume standard) this from the AAM

The airplane has two fuel tanks. Each tank is made of two fuel chambers: the inboard fuel chamber
and the outboard fuel chamber. Both fuel chambers are interconnected. The fuel chambers are
made of aluminum. Baffles in the tank prevent the fuel from moving quickly from one end of the
chamber to the other during flight.

There is a requirement for you as a pilot to monitor your fuel levels and NOT go over the 9 gal limit in difference between left and right tanks.

2 Likes

its mainly a visual thing on the indications.

however when the tanks are low then you can cause temperary fuel starvation

2 Likes

Here is the fix for the G1000 0.4.1 Working Title G1000 Black Screen Fix - #4 by Zeke12587

Thanks – I’ll have to check it out. It’s these little things that really add to the believability of a simulation!

By the way, I’m currently using your DA62 mod to recreate a factory ferry flight across the North Atlantic, and I’m really enjoying the plane. When I’m finished with that, I plan to recreate this flight in a DA40 NG from Diamond’s factory in Austria to Dubai Airshow – looking forward to using the DA40-NGX mod for that!

1 Like

Yeah, thanks. I saw that the other day, and got it taken care of. Appreciate the post!

1 Like

Sorry I’m not sure if it has been covered before. Just wondering if you plan on modifying the da40 old version as well? That would be great.

Hotfix for NXi 0.5 lovers

6 Likes

Suddenly, loses power with a vertical speed of 900, and climbing from 8000 to 10000 feet.

• Engine will sputter and fail when pushed too hard

Is there a way to turn this off? On my PC, the engine will invariably fail even when flown well into the green arc (90% power). This makes the mod basically unusable to me. I’ve disabled aircraft stress and engine stress in the options but the Mod will still fail the engine after about an hour no matter what I do. I fly this aircraft (DA40NG) in real life and this is NOT a real-world issue, at least to this degree. I should be able to do a climbout at above 90% power, reduce power at cruise, and not have the engine fail minutes later.

1 Like

This happen also to me.

It can influence a livery not tested with Sim 5?

no way you could have been doing 900 fpm at 8000 feet. unless you are really light

First, THANK YOU for your very hard work on this Mod. As a real-world DA40 pilot, I appreciate it. It’s very much needed.

• Engine will sputter and fail when pushed too hard

Is there a way to turn this feature off? On my PC, the engine will invariably fail even when flown well into the green arc (90% power). This makes the mod basically unusable to me. I’ve disabled aircraft stress and engine stress in the options but the Mod will still fail the engine after about an hour no matter what I do. I fly this aircraft (DA40NG) in real life and this is NOT a real-world issue, at least to this degree. I should be able to do a climbout at above 90% power, reduce power at cruise, and not have the engine fail minutes later.

I wish I was flying the NG vs the XLT that I fly now…just for the sake of the sim lol

MrTommymxr, let me ask the question this way. Is there a way to determine how much full power will trigger engine failure? In real-life, we normally take off at full power and full RPM then dial back the RPMs to 2400 at 500ft AGL. So, if I take off at at full power and then reduce power to 92% (which seems to cause both Man. Pressure and RPM to stop alarming) will that be safe? If I do multiple touch/gos and go to full power/RPM on the go-around, will that eventually result in engine failure even if I reduce power at 500ft AGL? Just looking for your guidance. Again, most importantly, THANK YOU for the mod.

you said you fly the NG IRL, yet you are talking about setting 2400 rpm…

Also what manifold pressure gauge are you talking about?

1 Like