DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

For an DA40 NG with ECU and only a throttle to manage the power these temperatures do not make too much sense.

With the NXi, the engine, system and fuel page is now combined into one page. Will this be possible instead?

3 Likes

^^^THIS^^^ Please

1 Like

@kaosfere4829

The 3 softkeys seen on the picture above allow for adjustment of the remaining fuel quantity. @kaosfere4829

• DEC Fuel – Allows the pilot to decrease the gallons of fuel remaining (Gallons Remain) in 1-gallon increments
  • INC Fuel – Allows the pilot to increase the gallons of fuel remaining in 1-gallon increments
  • RST Fuel – Resets the fuel remaining to 40 or 50 gallons in aircraft with extended range fuel tanks

For consideration - in NG, the fuel transfer pump will not operate until there are less than about 13 gallons in the left tank. So if you start with full tanks (19.5 in each wing), you have to burn more than 6.5 gallons before the transfer pump operation will be triggered. The transfer pump shuts itself off as the left tank approaches 13 gallons (bit random as sloshing is in effect). However, if you start and leave transfer it in this area, the PFD annunciation will be intermittent as it will trigger continuous on and off operation (amount consumed by the engine will be topped up constantly)
Maybe it will be also possible to add sound for the pump, you can hear it in the cockpit when engine is not running - maybe same as for the booster pump.

There is a sound, but it’s quiet compared to the engine and 2 engine pumps.

I have some hysteresis added in. turns on at 13.5 is and off at 14 ish. Should i remove that?
If i think of it, yes. it’s a simple on and off float switch.

Yes, it’s a simple float switch.
I think it could be removed, because the effect is like annunciator is flickering on and off as engine sips small amount of fuel that then is detected by the switch. At least these values could be close together like 13.0 and 13.1 or with some random seed (it’s visibly lower than displayed max).
When it flickers its a clear signal to abort transfer and not to stress the pump.

Transfer management the most tricky thing here, it’s easy to forget and the more symptoms model gives, the better for the simulation.

3 Likes

if i get any “fuel transfer turns on and off constantly” comments i will blame you :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hi there, excellent work :slight_smile:

Only one thing: I’ve read somewhere that if the roll rate is very slow, i m using the wrong flight model. Where can I change that?

Thanks a lot!

In the sim Options menu where assistances and level of realistic behavior can be set.

nope, it’s already on “True to life”, all realistic :frowning_face:

The flight model settings should either show “Modern” or “Legacy” - it should be set to “Modern”. Legacy is for imported FSX planes (I think).

1 Like

Hello, I moved the DA40-NGX folder to the community folder of MSFS. Still i only see the DA40NG in the aircraft selection. Is that correct? or should I see another plane version there?

The mod replaces the standard version, they do not show up separately. You can see that the mod is active by the gray triangle on the default livery image.

1 Like

I think that recent sim updates introduced some change for contact_points. So now main tires appear as flat ones. So I would like to propose a small tweak to bring the tail a bit up also lowering the nose for better leveling (the only changes in bold):
point.0 = 1, -2.62, 0, -3.82
point.1 = 1, -8.8, -4.9, -3.86
point.2 = 1, -8.8, 4.9, -3.86

Also it looks like alternate static valve was completely ignored in default DA40 (and checking it is a part of the checklist). It is located below the engine section on the bottom of the cockpit. There should be a placard on the left wall showing how to operate it, but adding this would require changes in the model.
static2

[EDIT] This placard is present in textures library, but seems not used in the model.

1 Like

IIUC, the slightly flat tires are intentional to make the aircraft sit in a more realistic attitude on the ground.

Current 0.8.0.3:

Updated:

1 Like

WHO?