DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

Normal temperatures. 25 celcius. 50% fuel.

1 Like

V0.5.8 is on the drive!

Changes:

• Autopilot PIDs redone*
  • Cl Table redone**
  • Roll, pitch and yaw inertia increased**
  • Engine has been angled down 5° (not visually) to counter the pitch up moment **
  • A lot of other tiny changes**
  • Propeller control “FADEC” now standard ***

Notes
*OK, the autopilot should not $uck now.

**With all these changes the plane should handle and feel better and more stable. The plane should also stall similar to the real thing. It goes mush with out much happening. Its impossible to spin atm, which isn’t perfect, but ill work on that later. I need a break.

***This time there is only one version to install. FADECs can be swapped out or totally removed aswell.

1 Like

the turbo can take a while to spool up yeah. Then you dont get good power which means you dont get good RPM.

Sadly thats the problem with the “budget fadec”

Hi,

I get a red cross on the plane in the aircraft selection menu when using this mod. What does that mean?

Is there a non fadec version? I have programmed f2 and f3 for lean and prop control.

:woman_shrugging:

Just remove the file

RPM always yellow or red if load greater than 35%, is this normal?

did you remove the ECU file?

I didn’t remove any file. Just unzipped the mod folder to my community folder. Shouldn’t it work like this?

hm :confused:
send a screenshot of the folders

What folders? As I told you, I have the DA40-NGX folder with it’s contents inside my community folder. Just that.

well you see the thumbnail right?
do you have 19.5 gal of fuel on both sides?

should work :confused:

What thumbnail? The one with the red X over the aircraft? I see that one.

yes, that thumbnail. It’s mentioned in the readme

The readme doesn’t say anything about the red X, what does that mean? I thought it meant there is a problem somewhere.

do you have liveries installed?

That was it thanks (loaded 100% fuel). Is that something that needs fixing on the G1000?

nope, thats how it works on the real plane. there is a placard under the MFD. says it right there

No, I don’t have any liveries. Is that why I have the red X?

Regarding the RPM on red, I now tried with full tanks (19.5 each) and had no problem. Does this mean I always have to depart with full tanks?

Thanks.