DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

Yup i am aware of that. Im working on other things and i will try not to forget to add this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the great mod! :slightly_smiling_face:

Since the last update the “Fuel Qty Gal” indicator on the right display doesn’t move and if I press the HDG knob on the left G1000 the heading bug is somewhere but not straight ahead. If I press “D” at the keyboard and then the knob it’s straight ahead. But after a few seconds click again the HDG knob it’s off again. Should this happen within a few seconds?

Is there a new G1000 mod?

Thanks,
Martin

BTW, for those who want a castering nosewheel, head into the SimObjects folder and open flightmodel.cfg

Change this value from 45 to 180.
This will make the nosewheel free castering.

5 Likes

I will investigate the fuel tanks yeah

yeah the heading bug, is BUGGED (pardon my pun). Not sure why and how to fix.

Maybe this problem is caused bei the G1000 mod? The last version I use is 0.3.2.

Are you aware that you have to transfer fuel from the right to the left tank?

Its been there since day one that I have been playing around with the files. Before the G1000 mod

Yes, and now I tested without the G1000 mod v0.3.2 and the problem is gone. It seems the G1000 mod is causing this problem. Only with you mod the fuel qty values show the correct amount of fuel and move. With the mod they are static.

interesting. i just tried it and it worked.

try removing everything and re downloading.

Strange, I have your mod v0.6.1 from flightsim.to. Could you please give me a correct link to the latest G1000 mod? I’ll try again after a fresh install of the mods.

the link provided should be their github.

Ok, now it works. Thank you for checking back.

1 Like

Thanks very much by advance

Pierre

1 Like

A new prop effect I have been working on for the DA40.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/10-propeller-mods-to-use-with-the-community-folder/321128/24?u=bilingualharp7

1 Like

i guess i could add that

V0.6.2

• Added ECU run-up
  • Cleaned up/polish on the G1000 indications*
  • Engine indications can now be monitored for 3 seconds after shutdown**
  • Added Voltage drop when starting
  • Lowered max water and oil temperature (engine wont overheat so easy)
  • Improved oil pressure behaviour
  • Gal Used indications redone***

*The “X” has been replaced with “—” like the real thing, also just looks better. RPM and load gauge will simply show “0” and not -100/-3000.

**The indications are basically on a 3 second timer. This way you an monitor the engine shutdown

***This actually calculates the fuel used using the fuelflows multiplied by the time. However due to rounding errors ive seen it drift around 0.5%

I forgot BL7’s prop mod… next time

9 Likes

Sweet. Using this airplane to tour Japan… look forward to trying the update.

And now some repaints are available to enjoy with the DA40 NGX.

6 Likes

Awesome, many thanks for your great mods!

Hi,
Any update on the heading sync button issue? Currently, it syncs to the heading of the aircraft when the flight was first loaded, and not the current aircraft heading. Seem to be unique to the DA40. DA62 is working correctly.
Thnx

It’s been doing that since the beginning and i honestly have no idea why.

I wish i knew, id fix it if i could. But for what im aware it happens on the default plane aswell.

Ive also had it on other planes, modded and unmodded

1 Like