DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Hi @MrTommymxr , first of all thank you very much for your hard work and we all really appreciate it.
I am facing an issue today after the updated mod fo da62x file, during cold start, as soon as i turn on engine master switch, the throttle lever for the respective engine goes to max position and it doesn’t let you idle back, no matter what you try. But as soon as you turn off the master engine switch, throttle lever get s under control. I tried restarting mfs but the issue persisted. I haven’t changed ANY KEY bindings since mfs has been released and all other aircrafts are working fine.
Unfortunately i wasnt able to check the same by removing the mod and flying again.
By any chance if you will have any idea, what may be causing this issue, since i have flown da 62x in November without any issues until mfs was updated.
Thanks.

Thanks for all your work! Looking forward to trying this one too!

Same link, different day

Changes

• Improved Cockpit lighting and ambience
  • Improved Navlights
  • Strobes behave like LED strobes
  • ATC enable callsign fixed
  • Added Runup criteria*
  • Run-up throttle setting is temperature compensated
  • Added slight asymmetries between engine indications
  • Added High oil pressure CAS
  • Added Coolant Level low CAS
  • Altitude error CAS factors in kohlsman setting
  • Added Fuel heating based on Engine temperature, RPM and fuel quantity**
  • Fixed endurance calculations, removed unusable fuel (2.6GAL)
  • Min fuel temp -30°C not -25°C
  • Windshield Anti-ice fluid “lingers” for an additional 10 seconds for every press***
  • Added FADEC High Altitude combustion extinction compensation (say that 5 times fast)
  • Other slight FULL FADEC QOL improvements
  • Updated PDF

*Gearbox needs to be above 35°C, Throttle needs to be idle and you must be on the ground
** Fuel will now be heated around 3-7° depending on temperatures and RPM
*** A simple timer adds 3 seconds for every second the button is pushed in(5s). The timer then counts down and turns off the windshield deice

OOPS
Deice fluid shows empty untill you turn the system on.

5 Likes

I assume you are not using the full FADEC mode, right?

1 Like

Just opened up the pdf attached in the download. Thank you very much 'o wise one. I had accidentally activated the full fadec mode. Its all fine now.
Godspeed sire !

1 Like

Using the voter switches doesn’t work as well anymore for those of us who don’t have a mixture quadrant. After takeoff flipping the voter to move to FADEC control for the climb see the engines dropping to idle. Worked much better before when it maintained full mixture after flipping the switches.

I also think the deicing may have been turned down too much, as you have to press the windscreen pump every 30 seconds in icing conditions. I would have thought it would last longer than that.

Am also getting an “altitude fail” message when flying in icing conditions, deice on max. Was at FL200, so not sure if this it too high for icing conditions. Descended to FL100 and out of icing condtions and the error message went away.

I have a script set the mixture to 0, 5 seconds after loading in. problem was when switching it on on the ground it would go full power.
Hm, i will see.

I want to get the normal defrost working sometime.

I will look into the altitude fail.

1 Like

Power output (already calculated) simply sets the mixture in the background while Prop Control is active.

The switch over is basically non existent. Hot fix soon

Altitude fail - isn’t that related more to pitot heat than airframe deicing?

no no no

I know what I did wrong

1 Like

V0.2.5.1 Spicy fix is up

• Fixed Alitude error CAS message (im a dumb dumb)
  • Powersetting will be kept when chaging between Propcontrol and Full FADEC mode (not go to idle)
  • Deice fluid level will show on startup
5 Likes

Great, thanks.

It doesn’t matter if you test them together or separately. They both run through the same test program.

I’m really confused with what you are doing with the “full fadec mode options”. The real aircraft just has thrust levers, so why are you putting so much effort into making it manual?
Part of the before take off checks includes switching both engines from ect, with the weird fadec option this is obviously not possible.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I started to experience underpowered right engine. I have both throttles on full power and left engine is doing around 99% but right stays around 66%. Reducing power left is following lever right stays 66% until left is 75% then is going down. When I put both engines idle right is shutting off. Did anyone had similar issue ? I have saitek basic quadrant and initially I mapped left engine to power lever and right to rpm but to test I mapped both engines to single lever but effect is the same. In VC both levers are animated correctly and following my physical levers position.

Since we might have some new FSUIPC users here, if you’re using it to set up your axes, there’s a way to reassign the mixture input to your throttle levers specifically for the DA62.

First, backup your FSUIPC7.ini in case something goes awry.

Load the DA62X in the sim, open the axes dialog in FSUIPC, turn on “Profile specific”, create a new profile, name it DA62X and let FSUIPC copy the existing input assignments.

Then move one of your throttle axes, change the assignment from Throttle 1 to Mixture 1, rescan, repeat for the other axis. To avoid issues caused by fluttering on unused axes, you might want to remove the assignments for the (old) mixture and prop axes.

Now you can use the throttle levers as power levers in Full FADEC mode, because they control mixture instead. Other aircraft are not affected by the change in this profile.

If you look at the content of FSUIPC7.ini, you’ll see two new sections. The “Profile.DA62X” section defines which aircraft models the profile applies to, and should only contain “DA62 Asobo”. The “Axes.DA62X” section contains the differences between the default settings and the specific profile settings. Of course you can also add button events or keypresses to this profile.

(If you figure out how to control the anti-ice system using FSUIPC, let me know – the standard assignments that work e.g. in the TBM, do nothing in the DA62.)

2 Likes

did you read the familiarisation pdf?

Any possible to make the Anti-Ice more powerful? Nowadays here in the Nordics the icing goes 100% within like 1 minute and DA62X Anti-Ice does nothing about it. I know Asobo made icing too agressive initially and are waiting it to be more decent later on, hopefully.

set it to MAX, but perhaps i could buff it :confused:

Wow your PC is a lot better than mine!