DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Yeah i need to look up more documentation on the AE330.I’ll also watch some videos and see.

When it comes to the turbo spool up. I might add a scalar to the power output and fuel. Turbo spool up is way too long and i might just illuminate to by maxing out the manifold pressure at 30 inches and add power with scalars.

The 62/63 fadec is code copied from the 40. I didn’t write the initial code and i was not able to get both engines running on one file. That seems to be the problem and i will try again today.

Don think its the drag scalar.
Ive added 1° of incidence since then.

The flightmodel needs to be redone, all i am capable of doing is tweaking values.

If someone wants to volunteer :slight_smile:

1 Like

And these are the flight model configuration changes so far!!

I don’t think messing with the htail and vtail dimensions is the right thing to do here. I doubt very much that Sean at Vertx the guy who built this model would have got these wrong IMO!!!

do that with the panel.xml and engine.cfg :wink:

engine.cfg comparison is above in the first post. I’ll do panel.xml now!

im blind lol

Can’t upload a pdf and this is too big to turn into a jpg - so here is a link to the pdf file of the panel.xml changes - massive amount - can only imagine the work that went into this.

1 Like

So the Aux tank simply shows under the main tanks on the engine page. Because we dont have the full systems display, ill just add it on the bottom of the main tanks in the fuel display.

here is 95% and 90% holding the same RPM. That will be added to the FADEC, basically keeping the rpm from 90-95% constant 2200 rpm and then ramping up after 95%

1 Like

Be careful, that’s the G1000 NXi, not the “normal” G1000 that’s modeled in the sim. So indications may be different. Some older versions of the DA62 use the normal G1000, and some newer ones use the G1000 NXi.

1 Like

yeah i am aware. It will be added to the fuel page

1 Like

So, some friends helped me with the FADEC and we discovered this

The left and right engine are not split in SimConnect. So a dual FADEC is not possible at this moment.

I have updated the download. Fingers crossed it works Its the same Right copy Left but done properly.

Any chance with the FADEC versions that we can set the power using joystick axis? For both the DA62 and DA40 they only appear to work using the F2-F3 keys. From my limited testing last night.

Loaded it up and it did not crash - thumbs up on that score. Flew my test run -EGLC to EGLL and autopilot worked - LOC and GS engaged fine - engines performed. Positive!!

good to hear!

Thats on the list. We need to see

1 Like

Not off topic but very important to actual situation.

Looks like due not known reason I started also from 1.8.3.0 feel stutters, hope that will be not depended to Simconnect!

Added the AUX tank indications.
Engine page is too cluttered

3 Likes

Does the RL version display AUX tank indications?

1 Like

yes

Ah awesome. I see the issue now.