DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

The timer counts down below 96%. So you’d have to deliberately push it for 6-7min straight. i climbed up to 12k feet in that time.

It will be like 10-12 min maybe.

For anyone finding that the brightness of the G1000 always starts on the minimum brightness on the DA40 or DA62 (or any G1000) aircraft. The issues appears to be related to the G1000 folder name. Version 0.3.2 of the G1000 always remembers the brightness setting or your last flight, but version 0.3.4 did not. Not everybody had this problem. I finally traced it the the folder name. In version 0.3.2 renaming the folder name didn’t cause any problems. But in version 0.3.4 it does. I am guessing the G1000 team hard coded the folder name for some reason in relation to brightness in 0.3.4. If like me you rename all your folders to force the MSFS loading order to avoid conflicts, then renaming the G1000 folder causes the brightness to always be dim. The solution is just to leave the G1000 folder name alone.

1 Like

Not sure how hard it would be to code but in the electronic drives we use in our machines the overload protection is using a similar feature.
0-105% —> no limitation
105-145% —> 10 min - 2 min so the more the drive exceeds the 105% the shorter the time.

145% → immediate OFF

dont know if the AE has that.
I could ask around what happens if the engine is overloaded. (probably nothing)

But it would be a fun (hidden for those not following) gameplay element :laughing:

2 Likes

DA62 (versión 4DA62Xdevfadec), I can not see nothing, the front and sides glasses are covered with ice and I have put De Ice high and maximum, but nothing. It´s impossible to land.

1 Like

anti ice seams to work.
Are you using any kind of livery?

I am not using any kind of livery.

hm, weird. does it work on normal 2.6.1?

I don´t know, because is the first flight with ice in this aircraft. The flight was taken from World Tour flights: from Trento to Belluno over Dolomiti.

Did you use the windshield deice?

Maybe it is just me being stupid, but I do not get any engine readings. I have tried both, c/d and engine running on runway, but load, ff, etc always are zero. I have the latest version of the DA62 mod and the G1000 und G3000 mods by WT. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

remove the liveries and or YourControls.

i need a debugging FAQ…

2 Likes

I don’t have any liveries, but I do use YourControls. Thanks, will give it a try.

The three lights of De Ice are on, and I think the switch of the windshield is also on, but I don´t remenber now.

its only on for a short period of time

defrost also helps

YourControls is sadly incompatible at the moment. Most probably the cause of your problems.

Thank you; with your information I think I will resolve the ice problem.

I bet they have a configuration file, and they hardcoded the path to it, perhaps because of the sandbox approach?

Ahh, I didn’t realize it was a liquid cooled engine.

Kind of the start of an A2A like feature where you keep track of engine damage and reduce performance over time till it fails…