DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Are the left and right fuel pumps in the DA62 active?
If so where in the start up sequence are they set to on and when do they get turned off?

AFAIK Fuel pump switches located on main panel must be off during start up sequence. They are switched on during take off and landing phases.

The aux fuel pump switches located back of center console are used to transfer fuel from aux tanks to main tank, when main tank fuel is low.

The 62 has 2 electric fuel pumps per engine.
One is turned on with the master switch, and the 2nd by the fuel pump switch.

The system alternates between pumps to spread out the wear.

FS20 does not support dual electric fuel pumps so im spoofing the 1st one by having the engine driven pump produce pressure at 0 rpm

im also not turning on the fuel pump sound with the master switch as its annoying

1 Like

Thanks for that guys.
So these are the 2 fuel pumpsā€¦the centre console pump in first pic is set with start-up and the second pump on main console is only set to on for landings & T/Oā€¦is this correct?
If soā€¦then the system canā€™t share the wear and tear between both pumps because the main console pump would be turned off for most of the flight.

Aux pumps on the center console are for pumping fuel from the aux tanks to the regular tanks.

So then the pumps on the main console that are off during flightā€¦what do they do and why are they only on during T/O & landings?
MrTommymxr refers to: ā€œOne is turned on with the master switch, and the 2nd by the fuel pump switch.ā€ Which pump is being turned on with the master switch? The Aux pumps on the center console is being turned on manuallyā€¦so there seems to be 3 pumps per engine?

6 pumps in total.
4 engine pumps (1 always on per side)
2 transfer pumps

The fuel system is explained in the AFM

For reference, thereā€™s a link waaaay above in this thread to the AFM:

If I understand correctly from page 7-65, there is one set of left/right fuel pumps on the main A bus activated by the ā€œmasterā€ switches; the second pumps on the ECU B bus are activated by the ā€œfuel pumpā€ switches, and then the separate aux pump switches on the center console have their own switches.

Does this sound right?

I understand the fuel transfer from main tanks to feeder tanks and pumps for fuel balance and back-ups. Was just curious about the main panel fuel pumps because they werenā€™t every mentioned in any of the start-up procedures I read up on.
Thanks for the follow-up!

Does the mod work well in the latest update?

Works fine for me. As it does every update.

1 Like

They are mentioned! Check out the checklist.

And they should be on during take off and landing for the case that the other ones fail.

Thanks marccreal this is what Iā€™ve been looking for and thanks for the clarification as to why the pumps are only on for T/O & landings!

nice mod, like how it flys. but my cockpit is not functioning as intended, even with a clean community folder (including the WTG1000)
any input on how to fix this? it also may well be that this model hasnā€™t had an update for about 2 months, since there had been some updates to the sim

The DA62X is working fine for me. I think you have some other issue. Are you sure you have the current versions of everything?

Maybe you can clarify what exactly is not working as intended. I fly 99% of the time in the DA62 and only with the mod.
At the moment no trouble what so ever caused by the SU4.

I read some other post the other day where someone had to delete or clean a cache fileā€¦and that fixed isses with another mod.
And on my personal setup for a while I did not have the warning chimes when the engine selectors are on but the engine not yet startedā€¦that returned after running the sim once without any MODs from startup to shut down and then adding the mods back in.

• Buffed windshield anti ice

• Temperatures will increase as engine is overloaded.

• Separated Smobjects folder from the default DA62. This has been done to prevent interferance with other DA62 mods. Liveries can be converted if needed
    here is how:
    how 2 liviery - YouTube

15 Likes

Thanks for the updateā€¦ Flying nowšŸ‘

Also grateful for your work, but I notice that PMS GTN750 mod is no longer compatible with v.0.4.1.

new compatible version on the pms50 discord! (replying for anyone else with this problem :p)