(deleted1)

For me it is OnAir that is causing this exact problem. Once it is connected to the sim it causes 5 second freezes every 30 seconds. I have reinstalled OnAir with no luck yet. Still trying to figure out if I can mend it without contacting OnAir.

EDIT: It was the save function in global settings.

Plugging USBs to different ports (especially keyboard) fixed it for me!!!

After noticing an intermittent problem with my USB connections I had a change around and, fingers crossed, it seems to be okay. My peripherals donā€™t like being run through a hub, even a powered one so that got changed.

Iā€™m having this issue as well.

The sim slows to a stutter about every 30 seconds, no matter if I remove all add-ons and no matter where I fly. Hereā€™s a capture. See pauses at 5 seconds, 34 seconds, 1:34, 2:04, 2:34, 3:04ā€¦ Itā€™s like clockwork.

Iā€™ve removed all the motherboard add-on utilities, Iā€™m not running an VPN or FSUIPC or Axes and Ohs. Just MSFS running with the latest Nvidia drivers on Windows 11, Core 19-11900K, 32GB RAM, RTX 3080. (Upgraded from Win 10 to see if thatā€™d help; it didnā€™t.)

Also tried swapping USB devices around and unplugging my HP G2 VR headset from the system.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Really weird. Turn off any virus protection programs.

Can you have your task manager open and look for any processes that pop up on the CPU utilization list every 30 seconds?

I had the same issue but when I set my Nvidia settings to default that issue went away.

So I have no idea what was causing the issue (tried all the advice above, thanks!), but I used the Aliens debugging techniqueā€¦ Nuke it from orbit.

Flattened the C: drive, installed a fresh Win 10, and installed nothing except for the latest Nvidia drivers and MSFS. Itā€™s like a new experience. Smooth 50-80 FPS in MSFS depending where Iā€™m flying, with about two random stutters in a half-hour of flying.

DCS is also smooth now.

Yay, my sim PC is now a sim PC again!

And now the problem is back after smoothly using MSFS for over a month. Sigh.

Iā€™ve been really careful not to install utilities and other stuff that runs in the background. I did finally reinstall Steam and a bunch of other games, I wonder if another game has thrown in some kind of annoying anti-cheat or copy protection DLL in the background?

1 Like

This constant loading and fps drop has come to me, today it was every 5 sec unplayable.

I Can stop it if i activate dev mode and then just exit out off dev modeā€¦ then it runs 60 Fps smoothly.

Any ideas What May cause that ?

Is this still working for you?
Mine startet last week and i did troubleshoot it to no avail.

I assume your issue have nothing to do with a VPN, like for the OP and why this bug is marked as Solved. I assume itā€™s in your case caused from the ā€œsyncā€ ( logbook, etc ) and there is an open bug about that. The known workaround you found already : ā€œdev mode onā€ ( and thats in different topics, e.g. ).

note: there are similar other topics / posts

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue. During the game, approximately every 5 minutes the graphics will freeze for about 30 seconds. Then it resumes like nothing happened. I have no idea what is causing the issue it ran fine until about a few weeks ago.

Iā€™m running:

AsRock Taichi X570 motherboard
AMD 3900x
MSI 2080 Super graphics
32gigs of RAM

I am not using a VPN as someone else mentioned.

Any thoughts?