Demo: LVAR write access for any aircraft control

Hello @VFRMau,

thanks a lot for sharing your ideas and code. This project addresses just what I need.

I built an A320 FCU hardware for FSX and interfaced to the sim by my own gauge project written in C++.

As MSFS came up, I created a C# project which interfaces with MSFS and offers a plugin interface. Up to now, there are plugins for the A320 FCU and for a moving map on Android devices. Unfortunately, the A320 FCU plugin still misses some functionality which is not available in SimConnect right now. An A320 EFIS project had not been started as those functionality is completely unavailable, yet.

Then I saw this project which offers a chance to control even the EFIS. I got the Code from GitHub and started with a C# A320EFIS plugin. But unfortunately, I was not able to get it working. That’s why I ask here for some ideas.

Some facts:

I use C# and the C# simconnect interface.

I map an Event :
_simConnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(ev.SimIdent, ev.Text)
with ev.SimIdent=1 and ev.Text = “#0x11001” // using array LVAR_EFIS_PANEL

Then I fire events:
_simConnect.TransmitClientEvent(_objectId, ev.SimIdent, ev.Value, GroupId.A320FCU, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.DEFAULT);
with
_objectId=1 // my A320
ev.SimIdent=1 // as mapped above, i.e. LVAR_EFIS_PANEL array
ev.Value=0x103 // third array entry=A320_Neo_MFD_Range_1", range 1

Unfortunately, there is no effect visible. The knob is not turning, the range in the ND is not changing.

I tried this with and without the A32xNX mod with the same negative result.

I also tried changing other values from the LVAR_EFIS_PANEL entries, all without success.

Right now I have no idea what to try next. I am not familiar with WASM, so all I did was copying the WASM and its JSONs into the community folder as described.

Has anyone a hint for me?
Is there any chance to tell whether the WASM gets loaded by the sim?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Jens